`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Not a Hockey card ?, but a NHL center ice blackout ?

Not a Hockey card ?, but a NHL center ice blackout ?
Can anyone explain the nhl blackout rules to me. I live in north Idaho USA and on NHL center ice the Vegas Golden Knights are blackout and on NHL.TV the Golden nights and the Avalanche games are blackout. I live 800 miles from both and neither are broadcast on local channels here. I think the NHL needs to rethink their blackout rules before someone gets frustrated and sues them again.

RE: Not a Hockey card ?, but a NHL center ice blackout ?
Is there a TV Channel available to you (a subscription channel that you would have to pay extra for) in your area?

I am in the UK and if the 'pay for' channel we have is showing a game then it is blacked out for two days on the NHL app. Unfortunately we now have a second channel showing games for free so these are blacked out on the app too. No choice here but to have both the app and the subscription channel (if I want to have full access to all games).
**Not Currently Trading - July 2021**

Collecting Alexander Mogilny and Various Sets.

Current Projects. . .
Hot Prospects 2007-08 (not inc. 1 of 1's) 516/914
Artifacts 2015-16 (Base/Ruby inc.Rookies) 322/406
OPC 2016-17 (Base, Rainbow, Retro and Playing Cards) - *HELP* I need loads!

The first Golden Knights game was on NHL Network (U.S.) - maybe wasn't available on Center Ice for that reason

Interesting fact: The person behind all these blackout rules was originally George Halas. Antennae were keeping people from coming to Bears games--not the cold Chicago weather--or so he thought.

Has technology changed since TV first became accessible in the home? A little bit. Should we change the rules? I think so.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Basically just a scheme to try and force people to subscribe to the NHL network to have access to "every game in every market" Angers me greatly to see a game i want to see is on Tv, but the channel is either blacked out or just running various game scoreboards. More annoying is the random game nobody wants to see they'll put on another channel. Nobody wants to see Florida vs. Arizona or some pile of crap
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

Actually what they tell me is that Vegas has broadcast rights for where I live. Their games are broadcast on Root sports but not here. Wish I could get it changed.