`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Simmons

Ben Simmons
Can someone please please please tell me why his cards are valued so high?? He hasn't played a single minute in the NBA. I'd understand if he were priced higher than the avg rookie in that class, but he's priced way above everyone. Are we going to see a Simmons bubble this season?

RE: Ben Simmons
It's all about Hype. He had a really good (nigh on stellar) college career and is being touted as being the next LeBron James. You have to remember, this same thing happened with Blake Griffin.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(08-02-2017, 05:29 PM)taffster74 Wrote: It's all about Hype. He had a really good (nigh on stellar) college career and is being touted as being the next LeBron James. You have to remember, this same thing happened with Blake Griffin.
Also Greg Oden... :p

But yeah I get your point.

I watch for deals on his cards and have picked up a few but some are going for insane amounts for someone who hasn't played ball for a year but if he is as talented as projected those people paying the insane amounts could walk away nicely.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

I see this a lot with basketball and football. Never dribble or play a down and you're worth a ton to speculating collectors sometimes. Hockey and baseball players have to fight through the ranks to get there, usually climbing a level at a time for years. We know they're good when they get to the ice or diamond. Not as much guessing.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(08-09-2017, 03:43 PM)jonathani Wrote: I see this a lot with basketball and football. Never dribble or play a down and you're worth a ton to speculating collectors sometimes. Hockey and baseball players have to fight through the ranks to get there, usually climbing a level at a time for years. We know they're good when they get to the ice or diamond. Not as much guessing.
To a degree.

Baseball whiffs on more prospects than any other sport because it's hard to project a high school pitcher or hitter into what he will eventually be.

However, in basketball or football, for example, if a guy gets drafted and then gets demoted to the D-League or the practice squad, chances are he's never really going to pan out.

However, a LeBron or a Dak Prescott/Ezekiel Elliott type of phenom can change a team's fortunes overnight ... and Ben is supposed to be in that category.