`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
set collecting

set collecting
Hi everyone. I'm just getting back into collecting after taking several years off, and I'm wondering what's the best method for working on completing sets? Back in the day, I would trade on these forums. Is there still a good amount of trading between set collectors going on here? ebay doesn't seem like the best place for tracking down singles.

Also - I'm trying to finish a 2001 Topps Heritage Football set, and I need nearly all of the short-printed, serial-numbered rookies. I believe there we 36 of them, and I only have the Reggie Wayne and the Rudi Johnson. Anybody have these cards?

Thanks.

RE: set collecting
Comc.com is probably the best place for buying singles on account of the single shipping price. There's a few traders on here, but most of us are either leaving, or thinking of leaving/taking a break from paying for the org and trades here. Facebook might be a good spot to try, but COMC is probably your best bet. Or maybe you could help fire up the trading again on here Smile Good luck!

(07-19-2017, 11:13 AM)savagenate Wrote: Comc.com is probably the best place for buying singles on account of the single shipping price. There's a few traders on here, but most of us are either leaving, or thinking of leaving/taking a break from paying for the org and trades here. Facebook might be a good spot to try, but COMC is probably your best bet. Or maybe you could help fire up the trading again on here Smile Good luck!
Thanks for the response and advice. I guess things have changed a bit with sports and their exclusive brands and a lack of sportscard shows and shops.

I have a few set traders here. I have some of those 2001 Heritage cards not listed yet, I'll move them up in the pecking order and get them in in the next couple of days. When I make sets, I buy boxes and when I get down to about 10 or so I try to trade here first, then go to Sportlots. And of course, there's the bekkit marketplace. If I spelled it wrong, submit a data correction and hold your breath.

I miss Topps Football products too. Not so much Upper Deck. And we still have a nice show monthly in upstate NY.
**Looking for certified autos of these 86 Mets: Ojeda, Aguilera, Elster, K. Mitchell, Heep, Sisk, Leach, Niemann, Hearn, Myers, Sid Fernandez and Davey Johnson MGR **  https://www.flickr.com/photos/164322911@N05/albums

Sorry, can't help with the 2001 Heritage. If you have other sets you are working on, feel free to check my ORG. I am a set collector myself.

Ditto on Collectorsnet advice on Sportlots. I will also use COMC, but the individual card prices are normally higher, though you do not have to pay shipping to each seller individually.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Feel free to see what I may have for your set needs
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]