`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend blaster Judge-fest

Weekend blaster Judge-fest
I haven't been buying much retail, but decided to get a couple of Platinum blasters from Walmart. 1st stop, no platinum, but they had one lonely Archives box ... picked it up. 2nd Walmart .. zero platinum blasters, but some random packs were there, but they looked shady ... pass. Picked up a lonely single blaster of Gypsy Queen. 3rd stop, success! 2 platinum blasters were there, so i got both and to round out the day, a lonely hanger 3-pack + 5 extra of Bowman was sitting there, so decided to give it a good home. Smile

Gypsy Queen: 1 Judge RC, 1 Max Scherzer green/capless /99
Archives: 1 Judge RC (1960 design ... awesome! My favorite Judge RC so far) 1 Canseco /75 and 1 Jeter tribute ... but the J23 sp card!!
Platinum 1 judge RC, 1 Benintendi Rookie Radar, Senzel Next Gen and Devers /250
Bowman: 1 Scott Moss auto (paper)

Not a bad roll, perhaps the Card Gods trying to lure me back into spending more $$$ again? Who knows.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Weekend blaster Judge-fest
Glad you were able to find some platinum! I shopped 3 walmarts Saturday and struck out on all. Picked up some various hanger packs and a few blasters of archives and didn't do too bad. 2 Judges in 1 packSmile

I found two blasters of Platinum this morning ... a Torres/99 green refractor and a Judge "Platinum Presence" insert were the highlights by far.

One collector's box and two blasters = no Bellinger

You did VERY well imho, congrats!! I found a Platinum blater today @ Walmart (picked it up immediately), but haven't seen any elsewhere.

Check my thread to see how I did Smile

Nice pulls Mitch!

(07-17-2017, 08:08 PM)wpro11 Wrote: Nice pulls Mitch!
Thanks.
I hit a Walmart this morning. Got 2 blasters and a Big $70 box with 2 autos.
I'll elaborate on what I got later. Gotta get back to work.
Ill post a pic or two, once I figure out how to use Flickr. Smile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice breaks
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I ended up getting 2 judge & 2 Bellinger base cards and some nice color cards, too. The best of the bunch being Nick Senzel orange /25 (non auto), Willie Calhoun orange /25 (non auto) & Devers purple /250
My autos were
PJ Conlon
Joe Jimenez
Andrew Sopko

Still having pic probs .. .sorry