`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens to all of the unsold boxes of cards.
Rainbow 
What happens to all of the unsold boxes of cards.
I highly doubt that Topps sells all of the series 1,2 and update boxes that it produces and it got me to thinking. What do the do with all of the left over boxes it does not sell.

RE: What happens to all of the unsold boxes of cards.
I'm guessing places like da card world probably keep buying as needed as well as hobby shops. but thats only a guess

more and more they have been going to the Made To Order production where they give distributors a cut off date to gt orders in and then they print just enough to fill those orders. Thus no extra product sitting in a Topps warehouse. Also keeps secondary box/case prices at a premium.

Look at 2011 Update and 2017 Heritage as prime examples.

they usually get bought buy a second party seller who then resells them in the boxes of random stuff. that's why there is usually a mix of hobby and retail packs in them
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(06-25-2017, 08:01 PM)csamsal Wrote: I'm guessing places like da card world probably keep buying as needed as well as hobby shops. but thats only a guess
I've heard in the past from the guys at Dave & Adams that, it least in the case of Panini, after so long they usually get a call about selling them what's left in the warehouse for a crazy price per PALLET....

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(06-26-2017, 10:48 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I've heard in the past from the guys at Dave & Adams that, it least in the case of Panini, after so long they usually get a call about selling them what's left in the warehouse for a crazy price per PALLET....
i could see that

The end up in a product 15 years from now stamped as an exclusive "Buy Back". That way you can get today's commons and semi-stars as inserts 15 years later!
Thanks,
- Steve

It is nice they are now limiting the number of cases per product, no need to dump more in the ocean. Personally I think it would be nice if they donated boxes to children's hospitals and shelters around the country.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

(06-26-2017, 06:13 PM)jumper4d8 Wrote: It is nice they are now limiting the number of cases per product, no need to dump more in the ocean. Personally I think it would be nice if they donated boxes to children's hospitals and shelters around the country.
Or, heaven forbid, if you have to wait on a redemption, they send you a free box of the same sport from their warehouse!