`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
game worn steph curry jersey - sell it or hold for the long game?

game worn steph curry jersey - sell it or hold for the long game?
what would you do with your game-worn steph curry jersey? sell now or play the long game and sell it when he gives his HOF speech?

RE: game worn steph curry jersey - sell it or hold for the long game?
Full jersey or just a card? If it's just a card I would've sold it right when they won the Championship. Now is a little late as interest is shifting into players from last night's NBA draft. Unless it's a rookie jersey card, then I would continue to hold it for a longer play. Now if you're talking about a full game worn jersey, then a lot will come down to what season or game the jersey is attributed to. However I definitely would sell way before he is in the HOF. For most players their highest values come during their playing days, particularly during a Championship run (i.e. selling late in the Playoffs or Finals). Once a player retires the interest starts shifting to younger players who are still playing.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-23-2017, 07:57 AM)djohn Wrote: Full jersey or just a card? If it's just a card I would've sold it right when they won the Championship. Now is a little late as interest is shifting into players from last night's NBA draft. Unless it's a rookie jersey card, then I would continue to hold it for a longer play. Now if you're talking about a full game worn jersey, then a lot will come down to what season or game the jersey is attributed to. However I definitely would sell way before he is in the HOF. For most players their highest values come during their playing days, particularly during a Championship run (i.e. selling late in the Playoffs or Finals). Once a player retires the interest starts shifting to younger players who are still playing.
thx for the tip. it's a full jersey from the 2013-14 season. i have 2 actually - the home white jersey and the throwback yellow with 'the city' golden gate bridge logo. i'm thinking of parting with the throwback next year in the midst of the playoffs. I've sold off a couple during the playoffs in years past and they seem to do well. I'm just wondering about 20+ years from now.

(06-26-2017, 05:49 PM)vinnydashiv Wrote: thx for the tip. it's a full jersey from the 2013-14 season. i have 2 actually - the home white jersey and the throwback yellow with 'the city' golden gate bridge logo. i'm thinking of parting with the throwback next year in the midst of the playoffs. I've sold off a couple during the playoffs in years past and they seem to do well. I'm just wondering about 20+ years from now.
It is tough to say what the value will be 20+ years from now. However one things is certain, Curry will have worn a LOT more jerseys by then. Thus the supply will be greater. Unless you have a jersey tied to a specific important game, I wouldn't hold it for that long.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

If you can prove he actually wore them and where and when, sell them yesterday. Don't delay.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(06-27-2017, 02:25 PM)jonathani Wrote: If you can prove he actually wore them and where and when, sell them yesterday. Don't delay.
that part isn't a problem. my mother in law works for the team. end of the year locker clean out is when i scooped em up. i get them authenticated through mears currently but i'm not sure that's the best resource to authenticate though. any recommendations on that front?

(06-27-2017, 05:08 PM)vinnydashiv Wrote: that part isn't a problem. my mother in law works for the team. end of the year locker clean out is when i scooped em up. i get them authenticated through mears currently but i'm not sure that's the best resource to authenticate though. any recommendations on that front?
MeiGray is who I would use. http://www.meigray.com

(06-27-2017, 08:08 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: MeiGray is who I would use. http://www.meigray.com
do you have a contact there? i've emailed twice and gotten no response. thx

(07-05-2017, 10:14 AM)vinnydashiv Wrote: do you have a contact there? i've emailed twice and gotten no response. thx
I've just got sales@meigray.com but if they aren't answering the email you could try calling.