Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Binder Storage

Binder Storage
Hi Everyone,

So we are moving to our final house... well with the cost it better be final haha.

I have a lot of binders of cards at my parents' house in a closet that I built shelves in to hold them all. Our current house was too small to do this. While our new house is much bigger, I highly doubt my wife will go for a closet just for my cards. She doesn't mind the man cave to display my memorabilia but with over 47,000 cards I'm not sure what to do. My high value will be separate in top loader boxes of course and not in the basement.

My question: Is it okay to store binders of cards in totes? The totes will be stored in the storage area in our basement that is temperature controlled of course.

Any insight on how you all store your binders would be appreciated.

RE: Binder Storage
I haven't had any issues with storing binders in totes for a short period of time. I would imagine that as long as they are in a temperature controlled room they would hold up pretty well. My only advice with storing binders would be to lay them flat so the cards and pages don't start to curl. It sounds like you are already keeping all of the valuable stuff in top loaders so maybe this will just be a short term solution until the wife lets you expand your mancave? Good luck.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

(06-08-2017, 01:55 PM)jason32rich Wrote: I haven't had any issues with storing binders in totes for a short period of time. I would imagine that as long as they are in a temperature controlled room they would hold up pretty well. My only advice with storing binders would be to lay them flat so the cards and pages don't start to curl. It sounds like you are already keeping all of the valuable stuff in top loaders so maybe this will just be a short term solution until the wife lets you expand your mancave? Good luck.
Thank you for the response. Oh definitely will they them flat. I'd like to build a shelving unit, even if it is in storage to store them. We will see when I have "time" haha.

I have my binders in a binder holder or sleeve and they lay flat and are stackable..

[Image: binder1.jpg]

Then, after putting in binder protector they are stacked on sleeves.

[Image: photo_zpsd1737931.jpg]

(06-09-2017, 10:40 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have my binders in a binder holder or sleeve and they lay flat and are stackable..

[Image: binder1.jpg]

Then, after putting in binder protector they are stacked on sleeves.

[Image: photo_zpsd1737931.jpg]
Just curious, where'd you find those binder protectors? My powers of Google-fu must be weakening, I can't seem to find them searching Amazon or Staples.

That looks like a great solution to my own storage issues too.

You can find binder protectors a lot of places. Any company selling stamp or currency supplies would have them, along with binders and the protector together. I know IHobb.com has them.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I got the binder holders from Bindertek. They are not cheap but sturdy..great for stacking...I buy them by the case...along with the binders...switched over 4 years ago...keep the dust off the binders too..

(06-10-2017, 05:48 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I got the binder holders from Bindertek. They are not cheap but sturdy..great for stacking...I buy them by the case...along with the binders...switched over 4 years ago...keep the dust off the binders too..
I've used bindertek for a few years myself and I agree they work great and are good quality.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

if im storing binders, i put them in the cardboard apple boxes you can get from your local grocery store. They have the distinction of being quite sturdy and have a height that matches your typical binder.
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

I've several MJ Roop binders, too bad they're no longer around. In addition to the slip case, page lifters are extraordinarily helpful and keep the pages straight. I lay mine flat, some are in water-tight containers with silicate gel packs.
[Image: lf?set=path%5B8%2F8%2F4%2F9%2F8849175%5D...t.chain%5D]
[Image: lf?set=path%5B8%2F8%2F4%2F9%2F8849177%5D...t.chain%5D]
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.