`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995 Score Gold Rush Question

1995 Score Gold Rush Question
I just came across a Gold Rush card that has the Pinnacle logo punched into it, with holes outlining the shape. I know I have others like this, and many without. I was wondering if anyone knows the reason?

Thanks

RE: 1995 Score Gold Rush Question
If memory serves correct, it was a redemption for the platinum team set?
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

The very earliest Gold Rush team sets to be redeemed for a Platinum Team set were punched and returned with the Platinum set so they couldn't be redeemed again. Quickly, Pinnacle began keeping the Gold Rush sets and only returning a Platinum set. If you have a Frank Thomas available, I'd love to add another.

So the punched are Platinum versus regular Gold Rush? Good to know!

(06-08-2017, 05:48 AM)sharkbyte Wrote: So the punched are Platinum versus regular Gold Rush? Good to know!
No, the punched are the gold rush cards that were redeemed and returned. The Platinum has an all foil front and a platinum team set watermark on the back.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(06-07-2017, 03:35 PM)sharkbyte Wrote: I just came across a Gold Rush card that has the Pinnacle logo punched into it, with holes outlining the shape. I know I have others like this, and many without. I was wondering if anyone knows the reason?

Thanks
Who is it of?
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict