`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow stars not showing up again?

Yellow stars not showing up again?
Anyone else having the missing yellow stars (wants) not showing up in trades?

Thanks,

Dana

RE: Yellow stars not showing up again?
my wants from our trade I did not mark. That said, I find that the yellow stars have been inconsistent for quite some time now....how about the other 6-7 active members left that use this site? lol
Only U.S. trading until further notice....

I have a lot of wants on my list but only a small percentage show up as stars. If I add more wants, they show up but others stop showing up. I'm thinking there must be a maximum number of wants that will be visible. This means that anyone matching up with my wants won't see everything on my list. And I have to manually scan through everyone's list each time I trade to make sure that I find everything I need. Very time consuming.

Oh, brother. Keep raising the subscription fees, but downgrading the service and tools. Makes sense.

I added about 30 cards i needed from a set as wants and for some reason only 1 actually shows up with a yellow star...wth. I've done so many trades and missed on getting the cards i actually needed. Most others are hit and miss as well. disappointing.
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

So what you are saying is that I shouldn't get a new subscription? lol

Sorry for all of the same headaches you are going through but I can attest that if you are looking to make these smaller type trades this is the still the easiest place to do it.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I've done trades where I go into the other person's traders and hit the Get Wants Only button, and see nothing. Then I start paging through their traders, and voila! I see stars. Not a big deal if the person has a small number of traders, I can flip through 20 pages quickly enough, but when you have a lot of traders (like I do), I could see where that would be a deal breaker, you'd have to just use the search function to look for specific items, and probably miss out on a lot, like ntgsportscards says.

And as best I can tell (and Beckett doesn't really provide info on this that I know of) - the yellow stars are attached to cards you have marked as "Trade For", marking a card as "Want" doesn't get it a yellow star. So for trading, marking cards as "Want" is useless. Where it does matter, though, is if I go to your profile to look directly at your whole collection (the part you've marked as public). That version of the organizer shows Haves and Wants only, it doesn't show Trade Fors. I guess it's possible you could have a card that you want but are not willing to trade for, or maybe you want to track wants but just don't believe in trading, seems a bit odd to me.
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby