`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completing sets- Some base cards very difficult to find?

Completing sets- Some base cards very difficult to find?
Hey all,

I am working on a complete set of 2015 Panini Prizm Draft Picks and am currently 4 cards short. I just finished the 2016 version of the same set with relative ease. However, I am oddly finding that the last 4 cards of the 2015 set I need seem to be oddly difficult to find...

#110- Devin Smith
#178- Doran Grant
#201- Jeff Heuerman
#224- Michael Bennett

None of these cards are anywhere to be found on the Beckett Marketplace or on any of the "Complete your set" listings on eBay. Many of the sellers I notice have 90-95% of the cards in the set, but these four always seem to be skipped right over. I was curious if anyone else has run into this problem...I have noticed that in packs of certain sets, I'll sometimes find multiple packs with cards in a similar order. Also, I have 3 or 4 duplicates of a few players which makes me wonder if some of the base cards are more "rare" than others.

RE: Completing sets- Some base cards very difficult to find?
I had mentioned earlier that I am also missing those same 4, along with others that I cannot find online. Maybe in a year or two they will be available (?)

Might be worth opening a ticket with Panini and asking. They were helpful a few years ago when I asked about the Orange parallel to Clear Vision having a print run of 10 but not serial numbered.

I did some research and while I couldn't find any actual confirmation from Panini that the cards were never made, I found 3 separate eBay auctions, all advertising a "complete set" and ALL were missing the exact same cards. One specifically mentioned that all 4 cards are in fact Ohio State players and weren't produced due to a "licensing issue" between Panini and Ohio State. That definitely seems like a logical response to me. No way it's a coincidence that all three auctions were missing the exact same four cards. Also, my brother and I busted probably 8 or 9 boxes and neither one of us found one of the four. It has been noted that the 2016 set has two cards (I believe Jacoby Brissett and Jake Coker) which were never produced, not sure the reason though.

Great information to know! Thanks for sharing!!

Good info.

Missing those same 4 myself. They are not on COMC or Sportlots. Also have a complete 2016 set minus the Brissett and Coker. Guess I will just make a note and assume the sets are complete. Never noticed the Ohio State connection. I know I have other cards of these players. Maybe they resolved the issue after the printing of the Prizm Draft set and strangely for both years.

(05-14-2017, 08:32 AM)semperbm1463 Wrote: I did some research and while I couldn't find any actual confirmation from Panini that the cards were never made, I found 3 separate eBay auctions, all advertising a "complete set" and ALL were missing the exact same cards. One specifically mentioned that all 4 cards are in fact Ohio State players and weren't produced due to a "licensing issue" between Panini and Ohio State. That definitely seems like a logical response to me. No way it's a coincidence that all three auctions were missing the exact same four cards. Also, my brother and I busted probably 8 or 9 boxes and neither one of us found one of the four. It has been noted that the 2016 set has two cards (I believe Jacoby Brissett and Jake Coker) which were never produced, not sure the reason though.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I wonder if this licensing issue is becoming more of a thing...I always thought the NCAA owned the rights to all the logos but apparently the individual schools must have some say. The 2016 conundrum obviously has a different explanation since Derrick Henry is in the set with the Alabama logos, but I'm just about finished with a 2017 Score set and have noticed the DeShone Kizer and Marlon Mack are both missing logos as well.

(05-14-2017, 10:12 AM)dogger99 Wrote: Good info.

Missing those same 4 myself. They are not on COMC or Sportlots. Also have a complete 2016 set minus the Brissett and Coker. Guess I will just make a note and assume the sets are complete. Never noticed the Ohio State connection. I know I have other cards of these players. Maybe they resolved the issue after the printing of the Prizm Draft set and strangely for both years.