`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten Boxes - Funtastic Finds

Forgotten Boxes - Funtastic Finds
I stopped off at the store yesterday for some monster boxes to sort into. The sports room was looking like an episode of "Hoarders" so I needed to do some condensing.

I don't really keep too up to date on current baseball, I've always been more of a old-timer kind of guy. When I do pick up the occasional box of baseball, if I get modern hits, they tend to be left in the box and piled on the shelf until I get a chance to sort.

So, first of all, I found a blaster of 2015 Topps Chrome I likely bought on clearance from Wal*Mart. It didn't have an auto so on the pile it went until now. Sorting thru it I found...

[Image: IMG_0001_zpsvn1gamzj.jpg]

Not bad from a less-than-$20 box...

Next box of interest was a box of 2017 Tribute. Again, I only bought this because the guy at the shop told me it had some nice HOF hits in it. I, of course, only hit a bunch of modern and rookie stuff I had no idea about. I only remembered him telling me the Trea Turner auto /199 was a decent hit.

So, I putting the cards in the monster box and noticed this was the next hit in the box...

I've been hearing this guys name around the shoppe lately...

[Image: IMG_0002_zpsvwgwkljr.jpg]

I still have A WHOLE LOT MORE to sort thru!!

Nothing available, I'm loading up for the next show at Dave & Adams Suprstore.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

RE: Forgotten Boxes - Funtastic Finds
That is one heck of a nice card to rediscover ... yeah, Aaron Judge prices/sales have been going crazy lately. Congrats!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.