`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even more buyback/restamped cards

Even more buyback/restamped cards
This time, Bowman has 70th anniversary buyback/restamps as a 'hit' in 2017 ... uggh! Bought 2 Blasters ... 2 buybacks Sad

On the bright side, I got a couple of hits that I'll list in the box break section later.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Even more buyback/restamped cards
I don't like them saying "70th" anniversary when the brand didn't exist for half of those years.

If I got married 70 years ago, got divorced five years later, then got back together with my wife 35 years after that, it really only counts as 35 years... right?

But that's Bowman. 70 years isn't 70 years... and the prospects photoshopped in big league unis aren't big league players Smile Maybe the '70 years' stamp is a photoshopped '35 year' stamp!
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(04-27-2017, 05:32 PM)oneofakindcards Wrote: I don't like them saying "70th" anniversary when the brand didn't exist for half of those years.

If I got married 70 years ago, got divorced five years later, then got back together with my wife 35 years after that, it really only counts as 35 years... right?

But that's Bowman. 70 years isn't 70 years... and the prospects photoshopped in big league unis aren't big league players Smile Maybe the '70 years' stamp is a photoshopped '35 year' stamp!
haha well said
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

I am ok with them rebranding/stamping the cards..BUT...I wish they would checklist them...include them in ORG so I can trade them...AND....I wish they did replace actual hits or team cards..common or not..

Now, I just throw them into trades for people I know are team collectors...

They are worthless ... i just got 3 more Sad sadly, thy were the only 'hits' i got out of 2 blasters and a hanger 3-pack. Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I am not a big fan of the 70th Anniversary Bowman cards, I am not even sure why I don't like them I just don't.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

They are ruined cards for sure..BUT if anyone has any Giants..will pay for shipping..as a Giants collector..always looking for odd balls..

Bought two 3-pack hangers today and got a buyback in each one ... 2005 Dan Johnson and 1990 Steve Carter.

Honestly, I'd rather get another base card than one of these. There's zero value to them - especially when they're new(ish) ones.

If they wanted to buy some old, low-grade ones, stamp them and make them actual "hits," I'd be on board with that. Combine those with my 1987 Rick Sutcliffe buyback from Topps and it's safe to say the nostalgia/novelty has worn off.
Kepler