`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random thoughts...

Random thoughts...
So I was just wondering how many others keep a 'rolodex' of other's teams or players when making trades? The more I trade with and/or see others posts, I keep a mental rolodex of certain players or teams just in case I might use that as an advantage later on down the road. I understand a lot of you discuss this privately or in other forums but, as this is my sole card trading outlet, it is it for me. And, of course I am refering to reputable traders (not traitors) when I say I know there are a couple really cool Braves fans on here, a rabid Rockies fan, a dude who used to like Bryant but now LOVES Schwarb-dawg, a N. Ryan fan who has since passed and a cool current one who sorta showed me the ropes, and a guy who might kill for a Trout Finest rookie (haha). Just curious if you have a mental checklist and any funny anecdotes to go along.
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

RE: Random thoughts...
When it was more active on here, I used to try and keep other trader's wants in mind. But trades have been few and far between lately and since, like you, this is the only place I trade, I usually look for Nolan Ryan needs and maybe the occasional Yount or Brewer auto and completely forget to look for anything else, unfortunately.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I keep certain Giants fans, Red Sox fans, etc in mind when trying to complete a trade that does not have enough value for my PC. I know that I can search their wants on here and pick up some items that I can get to a trader that would enjoy them in order to make the trade work.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

I have been keeping track. I use a spreadsheet and keep track of what I traded to who. I am still new at trading but I think down the road it could be helpful.

At shows or at local card shops I pick cards up to trade. A lot of times I will find a good deal and know at some point someone will be interested. Anything that is an insert or has a low print run. I have not yet picked up a card and known who I would trade it too. I just knew the price was good and I would be able to trade it at some point.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

I have a few traders that I know collect teams and I keep those cards aside and make an offer..

I put aside Braves, Red Sox, Tigers and Mets for different people...

Keeping a list would be helpful, but some people collect prospects and others have changed team/player collections over the years.

Have been trading here for years and a lot of people know I collect SF Giants and send me offers monthly. The Tiger collector will go to shows and pick up some of my Giants wants.

The STARS part of the ORG is very important for me to match up trades etc..

When they are not working, it makes trading 100X more difficult, since I have a lot of wants

To this day I set aside all Phillies for Joe, all Lucroys and Brewers for Aaron and Bella (though I wonder if they are still collecting him now that he's a Ranger) and all Yankees in the event that Dr. Mitch ever wants to part with his amazing Trout pulls.

And yes, generally speaking Ryan, any time you pull a great Trout you should ALWAYS give me first shot at it! LOL