`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with magnetic card holders for Booklets

Help with magnetic card holders for Booklets
I hope this is the right place but I just purchased a few new cards at auction and a few of them are booklets.

I would like purchase magnetic holders for them so they are shipped and delivered before the cards arrive.

Should I purchase 185 or 187mm holders?

Not sure if this would help others know what the thickness would be but maybe someone has cards from the same set and can help with recommendations.

2016 National Treasures Stars Booklet (vertical)
2016 National Treasures Stars Jumbo Booklet (vertical)
2015 National Treasures Jumbo Bat booklet (horizontal)
2016 National Treasures Quad vertical jersey booklet (trouble finding magnetic quad holders for quads)

Thanks in advance!

RE: Help with magnetic card holders for Booklets
(03-27-2017, 10:46 AM)treywatts@gmail.com Wrote: I hope this is the right place ...
Should I purchase 185 or 187mm holders?
Yes! Smile

Sorry to answer that way, but seriously ... buy both. I can't tell you how inconsistent booklet card sizes can be, and their range of sizes vary greatly. Especially with relics ... bats, patches, uniforms ... some are actually very thin while others super thick.
Also, each company that makes the holders have different size parameters.
Unless you have a card shop where you can physically see the sizes, you'll probably need a variety of different ones and hope they fit. Size can also vary in total length of the booklets. I've had some that can't fit in any holder.

Good luck!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

+1 of what Doc said...

Another suggestion, and this goes for all collectors regarding one-touch holders...

I purchased one of each size and labeled them as such..(35 pt., etc.) at the top in Sharpie so as I acquire new cards I can test which one it fits into for when I need to buy a holder for it. That being said, I saved some $ and stocked up on each one-touch size, which saves cost in the long run, to have on hand when I get those cards.

WOW, after reading my answer, it almost sounds like an answer I'd give if I was a therapist doing 'couples counseloring' Smile Smile
(03-27-2017, 12:17 PM)madamson Wrote: +1 of what Doc said...

Another suggestion, and this goes for all collectors regarding one-touch holders...

I purchased one of each size and labeled them as such..(35 pt., etc.) at the top in Sharpie so as I acquire new cards I can test which one it fits into for when I need to buy a holder for it. That being said, I saved some $ and stocked up on each one-touch size, which saves cost in the long run, to have on hand when I get those cards.
Great idea.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-27-2017, 10:46 AM)treywatts@gmail.com Wrote: I hope this is the right place but I just purchased a few new cards at auction and a few of them are booklets.

Thanks in advance!
I sent you a trade offer as you were interested in making trades last week. Do you want to take a look?

Thanks everyone. Any idea if they make one for a quad booklet yet?
(03-27-2017, 01:01 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I sent you a trade offer as you were interested in making trades last week. Do you want to take a look?
Sorry, I havent gotten around to looking at the few trades that came in. Had an outpatient surgery last Wed and thought I would be off pain meds by now but was wrong. Probably best for me if I waited a few more days to review when I'm not on the meds Smile

there is a guy on ebay that will make any size magnetic holder u want , i just cant remember his name thou