Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This card bothers me.
Rainbow 
This card bothers me.
It is card #451 Livan Hernandez 2011 topps. It shows him wearing a senators uniform. In no way does the current nationals team have any history to the senators of the past. They started out as the expos and if they want to wear throwbacks they should only wear the expos. There have been 3 incantations of the senators:

1. 1892-1899
2. 1901-1960*
3. 1961-1971**

It is bad enough that there are teams who refuse to acknowledge their history but the nationals are trying to take history they never had.

* Became the Minnesota Twins
** Became the Texas Rangers.

I know there will be people who will disagree with me but this is how I feel. Ok my rant is over.

RE: This card bothers me.
I am with you mostly though I am ok with the Mariners wearing Pilots throwbacks. The Pilots were a one and done team so there was no long history when the team left for Milwaukee.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

I'm not sure that's much different from the Kansas City Royals wearing Kansas City Monarchs throwback unis. It's the city and not the team that is being represented.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

i just think if they put him in a expos uniform.......only 10 people would buy it.....haha (if you remember there very poor attendance for games)
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]