`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to ditch the Upper Deck redemptions?

Time to ditch the Upper Deck redemptions?
I wanted to ask whether anyone had received the following redemptions, before I ask Upper Deck to exchange mine for something else.
I'd redeemed for "VLADIMIR TARASENKO 2013-14 NHL SP AUTHENTIC AUTOGRAPHED FUTURE WATCH #276 #'D TO 999" in January 2015. I haven't gotten the card yet, and I thought there was an expiration on how long I'd wait before they'd exchange for something similar. Does anyone actually have this card?
Likewise, I've been waiting since June 2016 for "COLIN MILLER 2015-16 NHL FLEER SHOWCASE HOT PROSPECT AUTO PATCH CD#160 #'D TO 499." Did anyone get that card yet?
I'm really bummed out about not getting that Tarasenko card. I think it'd be worth a decent amount at this point.

RE: Time to ditch the Upper Deck redemptions?
I would wait until after this coming summer on both. Seems to me I get a lot of my auto redemptions back in the summer as the players have more time to sign.

I know Tarasenko took a while to sign his Trilogy RCs. What's the status of the redemption on UD's website (hopefully "Athlete committed to signing")?

For my two cents, it is doubtful Tarasenko will ever sign his SPA FWA I asked for a replacement over a year ago and UD sent me a very nice Crosby auto as a replacement.

I bailed, too. After getting a Tarasenko Contenders auto patch as a replacement from the crew at Panini, I waited several more months to see if UD could deliver. For what it's worth, I had the Miller, too. Replacements have been received and I can't complain. Managed a MacKinnon auto, Duchene rookie auto & a Bibeau. Now, if I didn't have a couple Tarasenko RC auto's in hand, I'd still be waiting. If UD eventually says the card won't be produced (and I've had this happen) the status on the redemption will change to 'contact customer service' . I know I can't speak for all of you, but I have found UD to be more than generous with their replacements. The risk of waiting is if the BV of the redemption goes down, it will do the same to your replacement.
RootnTootn

(02-24-2017, 01:40 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: I would wait until after this coming summer on both. Seems to me I get a lot of my auto redemptions back in the summer as the players have more time to sign.
Quite right. They are "players," but they're actually very busy doing a job for our enjoyment.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-24-2017, 01:32 PM)ronfir Wrote: For my two cents, it is doubtful Tarasenko will ever sign his SPA FWA I asked for a replacement over a year ago and UD sent me a very nice Crosby auto as a replacement.
+1 for me too!

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

(02-24-2017, 11:05 AM)shierydana Wrote: I know Tarasenko took a while to sign his Trilogy RCs. What's the status of the redemption on UD's website (hopefully "Athlete committed to signing")?
Hi. Yes, that is the comment currently posted on the redemption's status.

I am still waiting for 17 redemptions now going on 1 year and 2 redemption's including a 2014/15 Upper Deck Ice Sidney Crosby Gold auto/patch 1/5 going on 2 years, Upper Deck is getting bad, i have a total of 101 redemption's waiting to be filled

Wow! Hope you get a least a few filled by this summer.