Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion on Jared Goff and the Rams

Discussion on Jared Goff and the Rams
Bored and wife is out shopping.....

Interested to hear what collectors feel about his future. Also wondering if anyone is heavily collecting him.

I was able to get a couple autographs in group breaks and it got me wanting to deep dive in research on whether I wanted to sell both.

Here are my initial observations.

1). The major success of Dak and moderate success of Wentz only magnifies Goff's rookie season struggles. His prices are low when talking about a QB going into his second year without injury concerns.

2). Glad to see Jeff Fisher finally get fired. There was a big deal made about Sean Mcvay's age. I was surprised to see that he had been with the Redskins since 2010. So he has been with Cousins from the beginning.

2a). Cousins looks to the side of the field he is going to throw to as soon as the ball is snapped. He doesn't scan the field at all. Interested to see if Goff ends up with this tendency.

3). The Rams play the NFC East in 2017 so if Goff and the Rams are good it will be magnified.

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Discussion on Jared Goff and the Rams
I think we'll have to wait and see. Now a days, if a rookie qb doesn't start the first game of the year he is labeled a bust. It just expected for them to start right away AND be good. It wasn't that long ago, 10+ years, that a rookie sat his first couple of seasons, like Aaron Rodgers. But then again he was behind Favre, and Goff has been on the sidelines watching scrubs. So it will be interesting to see how it plays out. As far as the cards go, if I were to sell them, I would do it in August just when the hype of a new season and a new coach are at it's peak. The promise of him having a breakout year could drive the prices higher. I would have gave this same advice this past season on Blake Bortles.........
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

in my opinion any rookie is a risk of collecting. A rookie can have on solid year and disappear the next. I think goff could be good being there has been a change the staff. if they build up there offensive line and get him a receiver could be a good thing. i have a few todd gurley cards thats hit and miss too.
[Image: B84FB5C2-5EB7-415B-AA95-5715CEB5FD02.jpg]

PC Philadelphia Eagles help me build my pc

(02-18-2017, 04:34 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: As far as the cards go, if I were to sell them, I would do it in August just when the hype of a new season and a new coach are at it's peak.
IMO

I don't think the hype needle would move much between now and August. At least not enough to effect cash value. There would have to be a big named receiver signed or drafted. Someone that directly impacts his potential performance.

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

They are in a rebuilding stage and with lots of young talent I believe he will do ok. Don't think he will be great but I think the team will be competitive in a few seasons.

I pulled a couple of his autographs as well and have been pondering about selling or keeping them also. Right now I am holding on to them, but come pre-season if he isn't looking great I will probably try to sell before the prices drop too much.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I'm not a fan. Some teams just continue to make the same mistakes over and over lol. This team is a 2-3 drafts away from having a foundation. They don't have a line, or a WR, or a TE to help either Gurley or Goff. I think he will be Alex Smith successful at best. Maybe if he had a better situation, and had been able to sit for a year or two, he could be better, but when you throw them into the fire, I think we are seeing less and less great quarterbacks because of this. David Carr looked to be good in college, but when you get your brains scrambled an astronomical number of times a game, that's not gonna help you learn. Luck too. He has all the skills and smarts, but without a solid base, he could go from a potential HOF talent, to a Stafford legacy. For me, I'd sell while the selling is good lol.
If I'm the rams, I'm going all out to sign and draft O-linemen who can anchor the line for several years. And finding a go to WR. And I'm doing this for 2 or 3 years in a row lol.

(02-19-2017, 11:06 AM)sambo22 Wrote: They are in a rebuilding stage and with lots of young talent I believe he will do ok. Don't think he will be great but I think the team will be competitive in a few seasons.
Lots of young talent!!?? What am I missing???? They have no true #1 WR, No TE...No Line for Gurley and Goff.....

For every Aikman that turned it around, there's a Russell, Bradford, Couch, and Carr who never got back on track... but if you are looking to flip and are feeling lucky, now is the time to buy. The stock for a 1st overall QB has never been lower, but that leaves a ton of room for growth.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]