`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Racing Forum Fantasy Game - Who is playing?

2017 Racing Forum Fantasy Game - Who is playing?
Who is interested in playing again this year? The rules will be the same and the game operates in the same way.

Once again, I will be running the Fantasy Game again this year. We have had a lot of fun with it the past 3 years. PLZ post in this thread if you want to play again this year, or if you want to join this year. Anyone wanting to donate a prize should PM me and LMK what you want to donate. A scan or pic in the PM would be appreciated but is not necessary. A prize donation is NOT required to play the game! It would be much appreciated though.
This game is ONLY for the Cup Series and does not include the All-Star Race OR races before the Daytona 500! At the end of the season, the Prize Pool list will be sent to the Winner. After that member picks their prize, the remaining list will be sent to the 2nd Place finisher, and so on until all prizes are gone. All prizes will be shipped from the member that donated it. If anyone has any questions, post them here or send me a PM.

Here are the rules.

1. You only pick one Cup Series driver per week. You will get the same points they get. There is no limit to the number of times you can pick any driver. I will not deduct points levied against a team or driver as a penalty for infractions.
2. The cutoff time for making your picks is usually 11pm Eastern Time on the night before the race. I will post a thread every Monday or Tuesday for everyone to make their picks for that weekends race including the cutoff time and date.
2a. In the event of an unexpected circumstance, like we had with Tony Stewart in 2014 and Kyle Busch in 2015, you need to get on Beckett ASAP and send me a PM with your new pick or at least make a new pick in the Weekly thread. If you do not, you will get the points for the finishing position of the replacement driver. If there is no replacement driver, you will get ZERO points if you don't change your pick before the start of the race! You will not be charged a Free Pass in this situation where a driver cannot or will not race.
3. If you make a pick and then change your mind before the cutoff time, you must make a NEW POST to change it. Do not edit your original post because I may not notice the change and this will cause confusion.
4. Do not talk bad about any member or wish ill will towards any driver. If you complain about one member's driver taking out your driver, PLZ do so in a kind manner. I don't mind some friendly smack talk, but if you make the other member mad, apologize and move on. I do not want to see any arguing or bickering in this game. If you can't take some smack talk, don't do it yourself.
5. HAVE FUN! That's what this whole game is about.
Finally, everyone gets 2 Free Passes for the entire season. A Free Pass can be used when you miss the cutoff time OR want to change your pick after the cutoff time. It MUST be made BEFORE the race is scheduled to start! Rain delays do not count UNLESS the race is postponed to the next day before the race ever STARTS! I do keep track of Free Passes, so if you use one, you better remember it.

RE: 2017 Racing Forum Fantasy Game - Who is playing?
I'll give it a go Thanks!

I'm in again.

I find the copy/paste issue is usually the " or ' or a TAB key character that you can't see. Replace all of the " or ' when you paste, try that first...you can't really see it, but they're different.

Cheers
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

(02-12-2017, 03:31 PM)dunnere Wrote: I'm in again.

I find the copy/paste issue is usually the " or ' or a TAB key character that you can't see. Replace all of the " or ' when you paste, try that first...you can't really see it, but they're different.

Cheers
Thanks for the help, Tom. It still wouldn't post until I removed everything but commas and sentence-ending punctuation. It might have been the backslash character. Either way, I finally got the rules added in the OP.

Where is everyone at now? The Clash is less than 24 hours away and so far there are only 3 of us ready to make picks for the D500 on the 26th. Pick-thread will be posted 2/19 or 2/20.

Hey man sorry I have been starting a new job haven't had alot of time to get on but yeah I am in again this year, I hope everyone else gets in also.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(02-19-2017, 07:28 AM)kevinr Wrote: Hey man sorry I have been starting a new job haven't had alot of time to get on but yeah I am in again this year, I hope everyone else gets in also.
NP. Glad you are in again.

I plan to post the pick thread for the D500 Monday afternoon or evening. How good was The Clash this morning/afternoon?! That was a great warm-up for the season. The 2nd round of Qualifying this afternoon was pretty interesting too.

I'm in again
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I am in again last year I missed alot of the season with family issues but if you will have me I am in again
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Glad to have you play again Gary and Mark. I hope everything's good now, Mark. I wondered why you stopped making picks. The pick-thread for the 500 is up.