IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
picked up a couple for the twins pc over the weekend

RE: picked up a couple for the twins pc over the weekend
People that knew Kirby, have nothing but good things to say about him
Always been a fan favorite
Jared - yes it's the one from three stars lol, sorry,but I promise to take good care of it. Did you go to twins fest?

(02-03-2017, 06:54 PM)camco2 Wrote: People that knew Kirby, have nothing but good things to say about him
Always been a fan favorite
Jared - yes it's the one from three stars lol, sorry,but I promise to take good care of it. Did you go to twins fest?
Well, at least it's got a good home. I didn't make it downtown this year. I had thoughts about it, but then a bunch of my coworkers decided to ignore their sick time and shared a nasty cold with me.

One of these years I'll get down there again. It's been too long.
Kepler

Killebrew is high on my list of must have autos.

(02-03-2017, 08:20 PM)garrisc Wrote: Killebrew is high on my list of must have autos.
The good thing is there isn't a bad signature from the guy that I've seen. The other good thing is because people have seemingly forgot about him, his autos aren't ridiculously priced.

I've got two so far. Might be time to start looking around for the third.
Kepler

(02-03-2017, 08:41 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: The good thing is there isn't a bad signature from the guy that I've seen. The other good thing is because people have seemingly forgot about him, his autos aren't ridiculously priced.

I agree, all signatures I have seen look great. Go get that third.

Great looking Brews & a Puckett. Congrats also on the Ip from Dozier
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

this weekends twins snags-
[Image: carew%20tott%20auto_zpsutcnxslk.jpg]
[Image: twins%20psa_zpsgcuhmnma.jpg]

(02-03-2017, 08:41 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: The good thing is there isn't a bad signature from the guy that I've seen. The other good thing is because people have seemingly forgot about him, his autos aren't ridiculously priced.
Hey Jared, Agreed totally
I have 2 Killebrew autos, also.
Awesome autos, never seen a 'rushed' one and luckily for us (and him) his hand stayed steady throughout the years.
Unlike Stan Musial.
Musial autos had an elegance to them, but when he got older and/or started signing 1000's his sig became 'shaky' .. unfortunately. Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(02-28-2017, 07:18 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey Jared, Agreed totally
I have 2 Killebrew autos, also.
Awesome autos, never seen a 'rushed' one and luckily for us (and him) his hand stayed steady throughout the years.
Unlike Stan Musial.
Musial autos had an elegance to them, but when he got older and/or started signing 1000's his sig became 'shaky' .. unfortunately. Sad
Very true. Those Leaf (I think they were) ones from around the time he died were rough to look at. I want, and will someday get, a Musial auto, but I want it to be one that's a better representation of the man and ballplayer he was.

From everything I've seen and read, Harmon truly enjoyed that aspect of things - photos, autographs, meeting the fans, etc. Part of the reason his certified autos don't have the BV they deserve is because there are so many IP autos out there. Such a great ambassador for the Twins and baseball in general.
Kepler

a couple more from a trade
1 for twins pc/825
[Image: winfield%20gu%20hits_zps9ckzn3zy.jpg]
1 for pc
[Image: jackie%20robinson%20gu_zpsqs90acmf.jpg]