`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target Holiday Mega Box

RE: Target Holiday Mega Box
(12-30-2016, 11:46 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Other topic discussed was the buybacks...
So for all the stamped buyback cards I have..no one knows..
I can not list them on this site for trade.
I wish all a Happy New Year!!
My opinion: the buybacks are usually in such horrendous shape that their inherent value of having a foil stamping added to them can't be much more than the same card in the original state of the same horrendous condition. I have a stack of these, and I don't know why. They're valueless to me. I would assume that for the most part, they're valueless to everyone except if the card is that of a PC player and then perhaps the value is slightly more. I have no idea how to trade it, though. Perhaps Beckett could allow for an edited description on the trade platform? Could be used to indicate an IP auto, or a PSA/DNA certificated auto that's not listed in the OPG?

Happy New Year!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-31-2016, 09:52 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: My opinion: the buybacks are usually in such horrendous shape that their inherent value of having a foil stamping added to them can't be much more than the same card in the original state of the same horrendous condition. I have a stack of these, and I don't know why. They're valueless to me. I would assume that for the most part, they're valueless to everyone except if the card is that of a PC player and then perhaps the value is slightly more. I have no idea how to trade it, though. Perhaps Beckett could allow for an edited description on the trade platform? Could be used to indicate an IP auto, or a PSA/DNA certificated auto that's not listed in the OPG?

Happy New Year!
I usually include them as a "bonus" to traders if they obviously collect the player or the team...Otherwise..I got a stack of them, not listed since they are NOT in the OPG database..and I think..the stamp renders them useless..at least if they were not marred by the stamp, they would be worth a few pennies as common cards...
But..they are what they are..cardboard fire-starting material..

(12-31-2016, 10:03 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I usually include them as a "bonus" to traders if they obviously collect the player or the team...Otherwise..I got a stack of them, not listed since they are NOT in the OPG database..and I think..the stamp renders them useless..at least if they were not marred by the stamp, they would be worth a few pennies as common cards...
But..they are what they are..cardboard fire-starting material..
LOL
I don't know, burning the buybacks' foil stamp could be toxic. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.