`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New" vintage member here... HELLO

"New" vintage member here... HELLO
Hey folks, just signed up again to Beckett's online service. Use to use this site in 98/99, I was 14. Was one of the pioneers in online trading, use to trade with guys on the Beckett Marketplace over in Scandanavia- they'd go nuts for their local stars who were unknown heres.

Collected like crazy until 2001. Been dormant since then but have been going on a card buying frenzy. Now that I got the cash, I picked up so many cards I use to yearn about as a kid.

Just wanted to share a few that I picked up this past WEEK:

1991 Score Bobby Orr (AU /2500): Opened up hundreds of packs of this stuff and never even saw an insert with my own eyes, let alone the auto. Apparently, there were 5 auto of Orr in Score, each one with 2500 prints. Seems like they'd be a common site, but it goes to show how mass produced that Score was.

1993-94 Parkhurst Gordie Howe (AU / 956): Another pleasing find. Seemed elusive and we wondered whether it really existed as a kid. Wow!

2001 Sign of The Times Patrick Roy: Sold this card back 15 years ago for 150 at a card show, got lucky and picked it up for only 40!

The Entire 1993-94 Vancouver Canucks Roster in Autograph, aside from the few players that I couldn't find any autos of (insert autos, not COA)

Autograph inserts of: Phil & Tony Esposito, Ron Francis (all my home town heroes), Maurice, Henri Richard, Jean Believeau and a bunch of other Hall of Famers (Inkredibles, Sign of The Times, Etc)

Card collecting is feeling exciting again, but I don't know where I should focus. I want to make a lengthy collection of an individual autograph from as many Hall Of Fame inductees as I can find.

Anyways, greetings from ESTEVAN, SASKATCHEWAN...... again, after 20 years!!

RE: "New" vintage member here... HELLO
Welcome back!!!