`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS grading services to & from Canada - couple quick questions.

RE: BGS grading services to & from Canada - couple quick questions.
hi there. Has anyone had customs issues lately? Looking to send a few cards but don't want to pay duty or fees.

Loving the quick and good answers, but hating on the governmental $$$.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

If I'm sending some cards to Beckett, should I put the declared value on the customs slip as the actual value of the cards, and should I put it as a gift?

Paying customs duty on a service provided by Beckett seems a tad unfair.
If it was for purchasing items across the border I may understand that...

The person actually owns the cards shouldn't have to pay for them again...
just because somebody added their opinion to them..

If this is the case it is certainly not for me..

Does Beckett send cards back with the hard case and label on it? I was going to pay the $15.00 to get my card graded by uploaded photographs. I'm curious if they send a hard case and label afterwards or not.

Sorry but this isn't true. Items coming into Canada are subject to Customs duties and taxes. Items being sent to Beckett for service and being returned to you are subject to Goods and Service tax and the proper provincial sales tax as well. Beckett is performing a service and as such you are required to pay taxes for the service performed in the States. Taxes are based on the submitted value and the only time you can get a refund from Customs is if the value is different. Since you submit the value that doesn't apply. Also brokerage fees charged are non-refundable.

(12-01-2010, 09:48 PM)livingdedman Wrote: On the back of the customs slip, or whatever it's called, you can fill it out and get a refund on the tax you paid on the value of YOUR cards because you shouldn't have to pay tax on YOUR own cards.

I've had to send away for a refund about 3 out of the 6 times I've sent in a submission, but I've always gotten a refund.

BGS does stamp "returned goods" or something like that, but the dummies at the border don't understand what that means I guess...

frozenheroes@live.ca