[Image: img007_zpsls9tbbnf.jpg]
[Image: img003_zpsdpwaay5p.jpg]

[Image: graded%204_zps2v6ju91t.jpg]

[Image: graded%205_zpsedxic2gr.jpg]
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

RE: My BGS Grades some good some not so good
congrats on all the returns. Some of my favorites from the bunch you subbed:

86 Rice rookie - nice grade on that!
83 Montana, 86 Young - not the highest of grades but still very eye pleasing.
NFL Showdown Tillman - I remember playing that game, it was a lot of fun

(12-01-2016, 01:22 PM)jplarson Wrote: congrats on all the returns. Some of my favorites from the bunch you subbed:

86 Rice rookie - nice grade on that!
83 Montana, 86 Young - not the highest of grades but still very eye pleasing.
NFL Showdown Tillman - I remember playing that game, it was a lot of fun
Thank you. I will be selling all the football soon

Nice cards! Many of those are tough to grade due to the type of card, but you got some good ones! Congrats!

(12-02-2016, 12:52 PM)savagenate Wrote: Nice cards! Many of those are tough to grade due to the type of card, but you got some good ones! Congrats!
Thank you

Have a question about graded cards. I don't really care about condition, but I get it that it is important for vintage cards. I just don't get it for cards after 1988. My question is if you get a score of 8.5 or less what is the value of that card compared to an ungraded card. Is it lower? It also bugs me that I can't touch the card. I feel like I don't have it unless I can put my hands on it. I have a couple cards I might consider grading but sending them in at $8 a pop doesn't seem worth it.
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

(12-02-2016, 09:28 PM)Jquinn83 Wrote: Have a question about graded cards. I don't really care about condition, but I get it that it is important for vintage cards. I just don't get it for cards after 1988. My question is if you get a score of 8.5 or less what is the value of that card compared to an ungraded card. Is it lower? It also bugs me that I can't touch the card. I feel like I don't have it unless I can put my hands on it. I have a couple cards I might consider grading but sending them in at $8 a pop doesn't seem worth it.
Its due to everyone's preference. The low serial numbered cards you want to protect the best that you can Like the Deion it is numbered to 25. if I were to crease it it would be worth 1/4 of beckett value Plus there is less doubt of the card being fake.

I was like you but back in 2001 Fleer Authority had 1 Beckett graded card in a box. My card was graded a 9.5 and I really thought it was cool so 2 years later I took 15 cards to get graded and this year I sent in 2 shipments.

If it is a sensitive set ( let face it they still make them) I would get them graded to protect them from damage. Some collectors just like graded cards only and will not buy them or trade without a grade.

I always have trouble wrapping my head around grading outside of vintage/resale purposes, and while a slabbed card looks great and all... 99% of non-vintage cards graded lower than a 9 are a waste of grading fees. I would recommend setting a higher bar both in terms of the caliber and condition of the cards you grade.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]