Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Boxes of Topps WalMart Holiday - UPDATE ON MISSING HIT AT END

Two Boxes of Topps WalMart Holiday - UPDATE ON MISSING HIT AT END
Dudes,

I busted two boxes of the Holiday snowflake things from Wally World.

What grabbed my attention were that the boxes offered "one autograph, relic or autograph relic per box."

Pretty rare for Topps to guarantee a hit these days (other than manufactured stuff).

I busted the first box and ... no auto, relic, or auto relic.

The second box had a Jacob deGrom jersey card ... ho hum.

(Although I do like the design ... the swatch is embedded into the base card, it looks pretty clean.)

Anyway, so now I have to download a claim form, write a letter and send them the entire first box of cards back so that they can verify that it's missing and send it back to me with a randomly pulled auto, relic or autograph relic.

Which we all know will be a relic. Of not an awesome player.

However, the cards themselves are pretty cool, especially the metallic snowflake cards (one every other pack ... the snowflake is actually like raised on the card).

Saving this bust from being a complete and total bust (pun fully intended) was that I pulled the metallic snowflake of my main man, Mr. MVP Mike Trout.

I guess if I got what I was supposed to get, as far as the missing hit, I would be pretty happy.

The cool part of the set is that it's a 200-card mixture of Series I, II and Update, so I pulled all the best rookies in two boxes - Schwarbs, Seager, Byung-Ho, Maeda, etc.

Grade considering the missing hit: B-

If I would have gotten both hits: A-

RE: Two Boxes of Topps WalMart Holiday
Never saw these cards, Randy. Are they a Walmart exclusive?
Can you post a pic?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-26-2016, 02:57 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Never saw these cards, Randy. Are they a Walmart exclusive?
Can you post a pic?
Just picked up a box myself. It is a Wal-Mart exclusive. I like the design personally
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I just found a box at my local WallyWorld ... Got an Adam Jones relic. But all the cards are pretty cool, if you like the snowflake motif. I'll give it another box or two. Seems like it will be an easy 200 card set to put together unless typical collation problems occur.
Hope you all had a problem-free, relaxing, and enjoyable thanksgiving weekend.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-28-2016, 12:03 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I just found a box at my local WallyWorld ... Got an Adam Jones relic. But all the cards are pretty cool, if you like the snowflake motif. I'll give it another box or two. Seems like it will be an easy 200 card set to put together unless typical collation problems occur.
Hope you all had a problem-free, relaxing, and enjoyable thanksgiving weekend.
I like the metallic snowflake cards ... but between pulling my main man Trout and Topps shorting me a relic, I think I'm done with these until at least Topps makes good on the missing hit.

Just busted 2 boxes got a longoria and Adam jones gu.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I saw these and accidentally bought a box. I thought I was getting the box with the 5 Update and 2 Chrome Update packs. Instead, I got 8 packs of base with one having a JSY card in it. The only difference in these and the base are the fact they have different numbering (set numbering that is) and they all have the snowflakes on the card.

Didn't like that there were not any insert cards of any kind. The only extras were for special metallic snowflake cards and a JSY. Everyone of them went into my 10/$1 box.

havent seen them listed in beckett have you guys?
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

(11-29-2016, 01:48 AM)908 Wrote: havent seen them listed in beckett have you guys?
Not yet, but they just came out ...

(11-28-2016, 04:56 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Didn't like that there were not any insert cards of any kind. The only extras were for special metallic snowflake cards and a JSY. Everyone of them went into my 10/$1 box.
I assume you have every card in a top loader, which would then cost you more than the selling price?! Even if a person is not out to make a profit, it seems there should be an easier way of selling 'star commons' and inserts without forking over extra cash...or, maybe that is why you have 'fork' within your avatar!!! LOL