`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOPPS NOW

TOPPS NOW
Anyone obtaining the Topps Now cards? What do you think about them? I have purchased 20, mostly World Series (Cubs) and a couple Corey Seager. I avoided the autos and serial numbered. Hard part is waiting for delivery.

Scott

RE: TOPPS NOW
I picked up a few Royals cards, Kang Jungho, and the Ichiro. The delivery time wasn't a problem for me, and they're nice cards. I would definitely have bought more if I (a) remembered to look every day, and/or (b) they had more Royals cards.

Cheers,

They are really fun cards. I mainly picked up Red Sox, Bryant, Schwarber, and Ichiro. I saw many complaints about packing and quality but in the 15-20 that I got all were top quality. I also bought several of the Throwback Thursday sets and quality was good on those as well.

(11-16-2016, 09:59 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: They are really fun cards. I mainly picked up Red Sox, Bryant, Schwarber, and Ichiro. I saw many complaints about packing and quality but in the 15-20 that I got all were top quality. I also bought several of the Throwback Thursday sets and quality was good on those as well.
I agree, no problems with the quality. I thought about the Throwback Thursday sets but did not purchase any. I did get three sets of the Limited Edition Cubs World Series cards, looking forward to seeing those.

I think the concept is great. I only picked up one: the only one with Lucroy in a Brewers uni, #302 Traded card. Got it from the bay but the quality was top notch.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I think the quality issues were with the very first few printed. I was buying the cards from day 1, but became pretty selective about which ones I bought as I realized they were printing more and more. About mid-season I stopped buying them aside from 1 or 2 rookies that I thought were worth picking up. I did find that there are resellers on eBay who would pre-sell the cards at a discount compared to buying a single one from Topps. So if you only wanted 1 or 2 the best route was to buy from one of them on eBay, where you could get them for $5-$6 each instead of $10+S&H from Topps.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-17-2016, 09:21 AM)djohn Wrote: I did find that there are resellers on eBay who would pre-sell the cards at a discount compared to buying a single one from Topps. So if you only wanted 1 or 2 the best route was to buy from one of them on eBay, where you could get them for $5-$6 each instead of $10+S&H from Topps.
Yep, that was the route I went for the Lucroy. I paid about $8 shipped for it.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(11-17-2016, 09:29 AM)aprirr Wrote: Yep, that was the route I went for the Lucroy. I paid about $8 shipped for it.
I bought my first two from Topps then looked at eBay and usually pay about $6 now and most have free shipping. Hopefully Cubs fans get a Bryant tomorrow.

I bought the 3 Max Kepler cards from a bulk buyer on Ebay. They're actually a lot better than I thought they'd be. Nice pictures, cool idea and the overall quality is impressive.

I also snagged the Kepler/Trea Turner TBT card and that's also pretty good quality.
Kepler