`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had such high hopes

I had such high hopes
I have been able to complete a few deals and the MatchMaker tool has helped find some cards I need but the only issue is the other members either do not respond or do not have the ability to.

I tried my best to only send offers to those who have traded in the last 30 days but still not getting the replies.

I have received one trade offer sent my way since the tool was put in place and we were able to make a deal no problem. If anyone needs something I have I will do my best to make a deal happen.

Send me some offers and let's make this place fun again!
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

RE: I had such high hopes
my subscription expired I will let you know when I renew it.
121623469-10222379832098571-7865154471714354335-o

Collecting Alex Tuch 493/839 58% 491/644 76% non 1/1
I can Only Ship Wednesdays and Thursdays

Same with me ....
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

The tool has helped don't get me wrong. The problem is we need the members to come back.

Maybe some promotion with some free trial to get people back and hooked again might help but I doubt that will happen.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I have about 18 offers out there. got one response from a newer trader that looks promising for future deals too. With 10,000+ traders and 10,000+ wants, I kind of expected to get a few offers coming my way but not one so far.

Agreed that matchmaker was a good idea, but it's several years too late. There's maybe 20 active traders left in hockey that actively trade on a daily bases. It doesn't help that half of those also have a great taste in teams and Collect Canadiens cards.
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

It worked for me, I got three trades out of it. Three I didn't hear from yet. The Postal rates are killing trading. This used to be a relatively inexpensive hobby. I collect ONLY Rangers and did pretty well.

(11-07-2016, 09:43 PM)ntgsportscards Wrote: Agreed that matchmaker was a good idea, but it's several years too late. There's maybe 20 active traders left in hockey that actively trade on a daily bases. It doesn't help that half of those also have a great taste in teams and Collect Canadiens cards.
Wanting these primarily Igor Shesterkin, Alexis Lafrenière  Kaapo Kakko, Adam Fox, K'Andre Miller, Ryan Lindgren, Zac Jones, Braden Schneider. Just starting PC For Jack Hughes & Illya Sorokin.

(11-07-2016, 11:27 PM)themouth247 Wrote: It worked for me, I got three trades out of it. Three I didn't hear from yet. The Postal rates are killing trading. This used to be a relatively inexpensive hobby. I collect ONLY Rangers and did pretty well.
Offer sent!!!

Bill

I haven't had much luck finding cards I need, but I have used it a few times to find people that need cards I have available. Even though they didn't have cards I had in my "want", I was able to find a couple interesting cards to complete the trades.

Hopefully things will pick up when Series 1 comes out this week!

I wonder if it's just a case of too little too late? The MM has been promised for years & many have moved on to other free sites. I also agree with Ed, postal prices from the US to Canada are so high it has really impacted trading. I signed up for 30 days again to test it out, but so far have made just one deal & no response to 3 other trades that I sent out using the new MM. I really doubt I will renew.