`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Topps Update 4 blasters

2016 Topps Update 4 blasters
Sure, buying retail blasters are usually good for only 2 things: 1) the retail exclusive card 2) lots of base & inserts
I know there are really no major hits, and only occasional numbered cards, so my expectations are usually low, but in light of hobby boxes having one auto OR one relic per box ... In my mind, it's pretty neck & neck in determining 'The Winner'

My major complaint, and it's a continual problem with Topps ... Collation !
I bought 4 blasters (about 400 base & inserts) and got a slew of triplicates.
[Image: 43E9BCBC-A455-4FFF-A5D6-3170F44E6C1B_zpsyyoyi3gm.jpg]
Here's a small sample of some of the insert triplicates. There were plenty more in the base set, and lots of duplicates, too.
Speaking of dupes ...
[Image: B61FC9D9-E122-43AC-831B-D7D70CB828EB_zps2bnchtw6.jpg]
I also managed to get duplicate Braun medallion cards. Wow ... Great collation, Topps. Why doesn't that ever happen with perhaps Trout, Bryant or Harper autos Smile LOL
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2016 Topps Update 4 blasters
Definitely a bummer! It has happened to all of us, but we keep buying Blasters to save a little or because there are no LCS in the vicinity. I sure wish there was an online sight where we could easily trade away dupes for others' dupes...no, wait, that is what Beckett should be!!

(10-25-2016, 09:11 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Definitely a bummer! It has happened to all of us, but we keep buying Blasters to save a little or because there are no LCS in the vicinity. I sure wish there was an online sight where we could easily trade away dupes for others' dupes...no, wait, that is what Beckett should be!!
LOL!!!!
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

It baffles me that the card companies have either not figured out or don't care about collation - like it's a foreign concept that a customer just might buy more than one blaster!

It's frustrating because this doesn't seem to be an issue with hobby boxes or cases.

I don't profess to know how ratio insertion works in these factories, but I would assume the processes are similar for hobby and retail?

For example, I've bought a few football blasters chasing some of the rookie jerseys this year.

Does one guy really need four Hunter Henry jerseys out of Panini retail football?

Wow, same thing happened to me with Panini Football. I ordered 8 boxes online and two were exactly the same base cards, including the mem. Only the rookies and parallels were different. And then, another 2 were the same! I have quadrupled of some cards and zero of others. Lousy...

(10-25-2016, 02:16 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Wow, same thing happened to me with Panini Football. I ordered 8 boxes online and two were exactly the same base cards, including the mem. Only the rookies and parallels were different. And then, another 2 were the same! I have quadrupled of some cards and zero of others. Lousy...
It took me like probably 15-20 blasters over the last couple of months to land exactly one Dak Prescott base RC. But I have like octuples of some of the other rookies.

Sorry to hear about your disappointing blaster luck!

That's happened to me a couple of time with hobby boxes; it's not terribly annoying when I get duplicate or even triplicate of base or inserts, as that could help me help a fellow set builder, but it's SO annoying when it's one of your hits! Most recently, I busted two hobby boxes of A&G and became the proud owner of three identical Hunter Pence relics.

It doesn't kill the fun for me, but it's still one of those "whammy" moments.

(10-26-2016, 02:15 PM)gotopes Wrote: Sorry to hear about your disappointing blaster luck!

That's happened to me a couple of time with hobby boxes; it's not terribly annoying when I get duplicate or even triplicate of base or inserts, as that could help me help a fellow set builder, but it's SO annoying when it's one of your hits! Most recently, I busted two hobby boxes of A&G and became the proud owner of three identical Hunter Pence relics.

It doesn't kill the fun for me, but it's still one of those "whammy" moments.
It's a total buzz kill. That's why they dilute the product with so many blah hits to begin with, so they don't have to go to the expense of inserting a Trout, Bryant or Harper-caliber hit in every box.

So when you get dupes or trips of the blah hits, it totally sucks.

(10-25-2016, 09:11 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Definitely a bummer! It has happened to all of us, but we keep buying Blasters to save a little or because there are no LCS in the vicinity. I sure wish there was an online sight where we could easily trade away dupes for others' dupes...no, wait, that is what Beckett should be!!
Yeah, I don't have a legit LCS around ... I've heard of one that's about 25-30+ miles from here, but Target and Walmart are about 3-4 miles away. Very convenient.
Also buying a blaster for $20 seems more justifiable than $100 -$125 on a hobby box ... Although I end up buying 5-6 blasters eventually. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.