`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truly saddened by the tragic news

RE: Truly saddened by the tragic news
As a Braves fan I was blessed to watch him play all the time. Anyone who ever got to see him and Freddie Freeman play against each other realized how great of a guy Jose was. He always cracked a smile and shook his head when Freddie got a hit off him. Class act all the way.

I will miss him greatly as a fan of baseball. In my opinion I like his number being retired by the Marlins. I've talked to others and they think it's a tragedy but retiring his number is excessive.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(09-26-2016, 07:16 PM)crossada Wrote: I will miss him greatly as a fan of baseball. In my opinion I like his number being retired by the Marlins. I've talked to others and they think it's a tragedy but retiring his number is excessive.
I don't think that Retiring #16 is excessive. I think it's a fitting tribute to a beloved member of a team who, if he lived out his natural life, would (probably) have his number retired eventually. This way, 20 years from now some 8 year old new baseball fan will say ... "Dad? ... Who is #16 and why is it retired?"

The Yankees retired #15 when Thurman Munson died. Every Sunday (i can only vouch for the old stadium) they always played a video montage tribute to him on the jumbotron. Even after 30+ years later it still makes me tear up.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This was horrible news, I wasnt able to be online until today......I was let in shock when I woke up and saw what had happened........RIP Jose
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s