`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New show on Fox about female MLB pitcher - Pitch

New show on Fox about female MLB pitcher - Pitch
First episode was on a few nights ago and I just watched it last night. I love it!

Here are a few customs I did of the main character Smile

[Image: ginnybaker.jpg]

[Image: ginny2.jpg]
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: New show on Fox about female MLB pitcher - Pitch
Very cool, yeah, I'm interested to check the show out. Echoes of a modern day 42 in some ways I suppose (barrier breaking I mean, obviously what Jackie faced went far beyond baseball).
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Yes, it did go far beyond baseball. I doubt I could have went through what Jackie did, especially without fighting back in that season. And I feel Branch Rickey should get equal credit. I thought Harrison Ford was a great choice to portray Branch Rickey.

(09-24-2016, 10:27 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Very cool, yeah, I'm interested to check the show out. Echoes of a modern day 42 in some ways I suppose (barrier breaking I mean, obviously what Jackie faced went far beyond baseball).
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(09-24-2016, 10:27 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Very cool, yeah, I'm interested to check the show out. Echoes of a modern day 42 in some ways I suppose (barrier breaking I mean, obviously what Jackie faced went far beyond baseball).
And he was the fourth black player in the major leagues.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

An interesting tidbit of info for you all, the show is loosely based on a real girl, last name is also Baker. She is from my home town of Plant City and actually has a little league jersey in the hall of fame. ESPN did an E60 special on her a several years back. https://youtu.be/qNyu16-wjfk

As she got older she pitched for Durant High School here in the Tampa Bay area. She also traveled overseas and played in a women's professional league in Japan.

I have heard that her parents were approached about the story but then felt pretty slighted when they changed the story so much and then decided to actually use her name and still do the show. I've been meaning to watch the show also.
Thanks,
- Steve

(09-27-2016, 05:39 AM)sshissler Wrote: An interesting tidbit of info for you all, the show is loosely based on a real girl, last name is also Baker. She is from my home town of Plant City and actually has a little league jersey in the hall of fame. ESPN did an E60 special on her a several years back. https://youtu.be/qNyu16-wjfk

As she got older she pitched for Durant High School here in the Tampa Bay area. She also traveled overseas and played in a women's professional league in Japan.

I have heard that her parents were approached about the story but then felt pretty slighted when they changed the story so much and then decided to actually use her name and still do the show. I've been meaning to watch the show also.
That is very interesting, thanks for the info!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict