`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1934-36 Batter up color variations

1934-36 Batter up color variations
I recently picked up a Batter Up of Hank Greenberg, and after researching it, it appears there are different color variations for the cards in the set. Does anyone know the story behind them, or the rarity of the colors?

URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/kjamac/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160827_163619292.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20160827_163619292.jpg][/URL]
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

RE: 1934-36 Batter up color variations
I believe the color variations were player-by-player. Each player had his own color (even an ugly pink for some unfortunate fellows), but I can't find anything that says each player had different colors.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Thank you. I may have misread the article I read about them.

Low number cards 1-80 come in 6 colors Black and white, Brown, Blue, Red, Purple Green.
High numbers 81 and up come in 4 colors Black, Brown, Green, Blue.
I don't know if any particular color is more rare than others though.

hope this helps!

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(08-29-2016, 08:40 AM)scottzoe Wrote: Low number cards 1-80 come in 6 colors Black and white, Brown, Blue, Red, Purple Green.
High numbers 81 and up come in 4 colors Black, Brown, Green, Blue.
I don't know if any particular color is more rare than others though.

hope this helps!

Scott
I tried to research it more,and I cant find any more info one the color print runs,I see a Greenberg on feebay,it looks like the black version,but has been ripped

A great resource for vintage is net54baseball. The guys on the forums there are very knowledgeable. You may be able to find the answers you are looking for by just searching the forums and almost certainly will find the answer by posting your questions there.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(09-01-2016, 10:49 AM)scottzoe Wrote: A great resource for vintage is net54baseball. The guys on the forums there are very knowledgeable. You may be able to find the answers you are looking for by just searching the forums and almost certainly will find the answer by posting your questions there.

Scott
Plus 100!! people there know a lot and theres a little more movement in those forums than here right now........
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s