`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Anyone Ever Trade PC For PC?

RE: Does Anyone Ever Trade PC For PC?
(08-24-2016, 08:56 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Interesting tags! You have a weird sense of humor...which is why I always read your threads. My wife says I have one, too, so I get it.

Anyway, the main reason for this reply is to give a positive reaction to your signature block with the Bible reference...cool. We need more of that in our current world of disorder.
(08-24-2016, 09:17 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Concur about the verse..also, I like cards with a verse in the auto.

I have never traded PC for PC...I have traded dups..but never to get another card out of my Giants PC..

I guess if someone had a 1/1 Posey and wanted only Giants stuff I could replace..then..I guess I would...but it would have to be something very special...
Interesting thread...

Thanks to both of you! And yes ... I have a REALLY weird sense of humor. To look more into my brain, check out www.notquitetrue.com - I started it haphazardly 6 years ago or so, just to basically spew all kinds of different nonsense. I have recently started posting a few more things too. It is fun to get it out of my brain and onto the web.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

(08-24-2016, 09:12 AM)once78 Wrote: I would trade pc for pc and have done it before. Of course it depends on the scarcity of the cards being traded. Cards aren't like marriage, for life. You can shop for cards and if you see one you like better you can trade for, trade up, trade down...to get what you like. So yes. I would say if my PC were a door it wouldn't be open but cracked just a little.
See, this is kinda how I feel. Door is cracked, a very small crack albeit, but if something is there that just blows me away and I HAVE to have it, I'm willing to dip into the PC. The biggest thing for me is that all I have left to trade is my PC, so it's been tough seeing cards come up I want, knowing I've got plenty in the PC that would get it for me.
(08-24-2016, 09:17 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Concur about the verse..also, I like cards with a verse in the auto.

I have never traded PC for PC...I have traded dups..but never to get another card out of my Giants PC..

I guess if someone had a 1/1 Posey and wanted only Giants stuff I could replace..then..I guess I would...but it would have to be something very special...
Interesting thread...
I feel ya on this. I'm usually good with trading dupes to get something else I need or want, but even some dupes can be hard to trade. I've got 2 Brandon Belt shadowbox relic autos from Strata but both have significantly different patches, so it's hard for me to want to let one go lol. But I hear ya...and I do have a 1/1 Posey, a printing plate from Bowman's Best that I'd be willing to trade for a nice Bumgarner auto....just sayin' LOL
(08-24-2016, 10:16 AM)KPRROK Wrote: No card in my collection is off limits, and I'll trade anything for the right return. Having said that, the value I place on some of my more treasured PC cards is probably higher than anyone would want to pay/trade for!

I have traded an auto plate of Finnegan for several other low-numbered Finnegans, plus some other nice Royals. I didn't mind as I'm not a plate guy and only had that one because I got a steal on it!

Cheers,
See this brings up another dilemma for me...I have a goal for each player in my PC as to how many I want to get of those guys. I always debate whether giving up a bigger card to get a few in return that help me get closer to that number is worthwhile. It's really tough to trade down, but at the end of the day, is it worth it to sacrifice one of one player to maybe bolster a different player and get closer to that goal?
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

(08-25-2016, 07:43 AM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: See this brings up another dilemma for me...I have a goal for each player in my PC as to how many I want to get of those guys. I always debate whether giving up a bigger card to get a few in return that help me get closer to that number is worthwhile. It's really tough to trade down, but at the end of the day, is it worth it to sacrifice one of one player to maybe bolster a different player and get closer to that goal?
Interesting. I have never thought about a goal for collecting a player, let alone thought about how many I have. If I see a card I like, I attempt to get it, but it is easier for me as I do not collect autos or patches.

If there's something I wanted badly enough, I'd move another PC item for it, for sure.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(08-24-2016, 11:19 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I'm so stingy with my PC....not even base dups are available. Makes no sense even as I type this, but it is what it is.
I would not say Stingy I would say GREEDY (I feel like daffy duck in the cartoon " Open says me" episode
For I do trade my duplicates but when it comes to nolan Ryan I would say 1991 topps and 1987 Donruss Nolan Ryans Should be getting scarce for I have over 100 each and I do not see myself trading any of them. and I quote what you said " Makes no sense even as I type this, but it is what it is
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(08-26-2016, 08:02 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I would not say Stingy I would say GREEDY (I feel like daffy duck in the cartoon " Open says me" episode
For I do trade my duplicates but when it comes to nolan Ryan I would say 1991 topps and 1987 Donruss Nolan Ryans Should be getting scarce for I have over 100 each and I do not see myself trading any of them. and I quote what you said " Makes no sense even as I type this, but it is what it is
I'm with you on that. I currently have over 500 1987 Topps Barry Larkin RCs, and have no plans of getting rid of any of them.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I very rarely trade anything from my "true" PC. I have cards that I don't have dupes of that I will occasionally trade to get something of a player that I do collect. As for cards of players that I collect, and there's a lot of them (150+), if I trade one then it goes back onto my wantlist and that just doesn't make sense to me. Plus I would never trade a card that would break up a complete set whether it is a player I collect or not.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I would trade some PC cards if I felt like I wanted/needed the other card more. I, like you, collect Giants and one of my personal collecting goals is to have a small PC of each of my favorite Giants players. If I had a surplus of one player, for example Brandon Belt and wanted more Brandon Crawford, I'd be willing to trade.
I kinda wish that when you search a card on Beckett it would list everyone who has it either PC, FT or NFT (provided the collector want to make it public that he has it). I don't think I would mind letting some PC cards go if someone else wanted it enough and the price was right.