`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Something petty but it bothers me

Something petty but it bothers me
I watch eBay for Charles Woodson autos in hopes of landing one eventually.

There are stickers that he signed while with the Packers because he put "21" after the signature.

Some of these stickers are ending up on his Raiders cards in which he wears number 24.

It's petty but it irks me.

Does this bother anyone else?

Do you have a minor detail like this that causes you major heartburn?
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Something petty but it bothers me
That would bother me too.

One thing that really bugs me is when they put a large patch on a card, where you can clearly see it's a logo, and it's oriented upside down! Do they close their eyes when putting the patch on? Does it take too long to turn it the right way? It's good to see other people bothered by small things too...
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(08-21-2016, 07:18 AM)bengalsandreds Wrote: That would bother me too.

One thing that really bugs me is when they put a large patch on a card, where you can clearly see it's a logo, and it's oriented upside down! Do they close their eyes when putting the patch on? Does it take too long to turn it the right way? It's good to see other people bothered by small things too...
This bothers me too!! If you watch a video on how they manufacture the cards you will understand why it happens. They glue the patch to the card stock, then the top card is laid over and glued to the cardstock.

It also bothers me when a player changes teams and they use materials from the old team (colors, logos, etc.).

John
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

Card companies won't care what we think until we stop buying/selling their products.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(08-21-2016, 10:50 AM)zubaltec Wrote: This bothers me too!! If you watch a video on how they manufacture the cards you will understand why it happens. They glue the patch to the card stock, then the top card is laid over and glued to the cardstock.

It also bothers me when a player changes teams and they use materials from the old team (colors, logos, etc.).

John
that bugs me the most is the different team/different patch thing. I was gonna buy a super nice playbook patch auto of Reggie Bush /5 and it was 49ers but had Detroit patches in it. I hesitated so long bidding and I lost.. kinda glad I did now though.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

That is garbage. If the guy won't sign, don't sell autos. If you are going to sell autos and charge crazy prices, it better darn well be up to date and authentic! That's my two cents lol. I'd never buy a card with another team's patches or number on it.