`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Serial Number on 2003-04 Fleer Mystique Die Cut

Missing Serial Number on 2003-04 Fleer Mystique Die Cut
I found this 2003-04 Fleer Mystique Die Cut #107 David West and the fact that it's a die cut helped me know 100% that it should have a serial number. I was wondering if this is an error? I have read before that sometimes missing serial numbers or other identifying marks can be found on printing proofs but there was never any confirmation on that and that certain manufacturers/sets have extra cards that were sold off but couldn't find any examples of that from this set or Fleer.

[Image: rdClm4g.jpg?1]

[Image: 1qNztdv.jpg?2]

RE: Missing Serial Number on 2003-04 Fleer Mystique Die Cut
When Fleer went bankrupt everything was sold off. That included all proof cards, as well as cards that were held back as replacements. When a serial numbered card was held back it wasn't serial numbered, as they would wait to receive the damaged card to know what serial number to add to the replacement card. What you have is most likely one of those cards. It's unknown exactly how many were made like that, but it was most likely significantly less than the normal print run. That being said, since these weren't pack released that way, and the conditions regarding the bankruptcy sale, most people consider these less desirable then if it was serial numbered. That might change one day, but for now that's pretty much it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/