IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Exclusive first look at 2016 Gridiron Gold Football

Exclusive first look at 2016 Gridiron Gold Football
Unlicensed, maybe.
Undesirable, hardly.
Many, many more details coming soon. For now, enjoy these early mock-ups.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Exclusive first look at 2016 Gridiron Gold Football
Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Let us know how the court battle plays out

I think it's a pretty cool concept for an off licensed product. I do like the color stripes against the football grain on the front. Bonus points for sourcing the jersey pieces from other relic cards that in turn sourced it from jerseys. But it'll be difficult for folks to trust the swatches are from actual game used jerseys when it's hard enough to trust Topps and Panini. Plus even though you've avoided using team names, once you add player images you'll run afoul the NFLPA.

(08-07-2016, 09:22 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Let us know how the court battle plays out
He has a better chance of getting bought out by Upper Deck than he does at seeing a court room.

A cease and desist is possible if the product somehow gains traction, but these are kin to eBay art cards. Not legally, but realistically, he could just go ahead and follow that blueprint - the NFL is not concerned with fans selling doctored cards online for marginal profits.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

A couple of new mock-ups have been added. Check them out!

(08-07-2016, 09:22 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Let us know how the court battle plays out
Thank you for your feedback. However, we have taken the necessary precautions to ensure that our cards are legal. There are no logos, no player images, no personal information, the full names of the players are not included, and a disclaimer is on the back of every card. You could liken this product to 2012 SP Signature Baseball, 2015-16 Panini Anthology Hockey, or the entire Famous Fabrics line.
(08-07-2016, 10:11 PM)jplarson Wrote: I think it's a pretty cool concept for an off licensed product. I do like the color stripes against the football grain on the front. Bonus points for sourcing the jersey pieces from other relic cards that in turn sourced it from jerseys. But it'll be difficult for folks to trust the swatches are from actual game used jerseys when it's hard enough to trust Topps and Panini. Plus even though you've avoided using team names, once you add player images you'll run afoul the NFLPA.
Thank you for your positive feedback! To prove authenticity, we are currently tinkering with a system where collectors, if they wish, can receive scans of the actual cards from which the included pieces of memorabilia were taken. Also, while we would like to add player images, we are unable to do so due to the rights of the NFLPA and the athletes themselves. Therefore, the cards will remain as they are pictured, with generic silhouettes relative to the player's position.

Very interesting. Keep working with it!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

love how manning says Denver but has a piece of blue in the jersey..
cant be famous fabrics.. theirs has names included.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(08-09-2016, 03:14 PM)jonathani Wrote: Very interesting. Keep working with it!
Thank you for the feedback! We sure will!
(08-09-2016, 04:07 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: love how manning says Denver but has a piece of blue in the jersey..
cant be famous fabrics.. theirs has names included.
Please keep in mind that these are just mock-ups. You may notice that the blue swatch pictured in the Manning card is exactly the same as the one pictured for Harrison in the Enshrined Materials mock-up. You are correct, we are in no way affiliated with the Famous Fabrics line of cards, nor with any other card company. Gridiron Gold is a completely new brand.

(08-09-2016, 04:07 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: love how manning says Denver but has a piece of blue in the jersey..
To be fair, there is plenty of Upper Deck product with the same issue Wink

I am under the impression this is an actual product in production? My concern is a lack of competitive advantage. I can buy a Beckham Jr. jersey card on eBay for $1 - with all the licensed pictures and logos. Companies that have worked around licensing are typically well-established in the hobby before making that transition. What will this product provide that sets it apart from all the licensed product on the marketplace?
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

Attached to this post is yet another early mock-up, this one features a cut signature!

(08-11-2016, 08:16 AM)c squared Wrote: To be fair, there is plenty of Upper Deck product with the same issue Wink

I am under the impression this is an actual product in production? My concern is a lack of competitive advantage. I can buy a Beckham Jr. jersey card on eBay for $1 - with all the licensed pictures and logos. Companies that have worked around licensing are typically well-established in the hobby before making that transition. What will this product provide that sets it apart from all the licensed product on the marketplace?
Yes, this is an actual product! However, we are currently in the pre-production stages.
I understand your concern. But what Gridiron Gold cannot account for in licensing, it makes up for in quality. Each and every card is meticulously handmade, contains real 22K gold, includes authentic game-worn or player-worn memorabilia, and is numbered to no more than five!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)