`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARod

RE: ARod
personally i dont care how many hr's he has hit or will hit. i want you to think about something...

image you were growing up watching say... ernie banks... and you are in wrigley and you come to the realization that you are watching a player that comes along once every lifetime. a short stop with power and avg. and doing it yearly without fail. when a rod came along he made ripken jr. look like a lightweight after thinking ripken was the greatest at short stop you ever saw.

watching a rod on seatle, your favorite team, and you had the idea that the mariners with griffey jr. buhner. edgar reynolds et al were going to become a dynasty similar to the yankees of the 70s. it was a beautiful thingwatching a rod. our lifetime's babe ruth or ted williams.

then steroids and everything fell down. it all really didnt count anymore. you werent watching a ruth a williams or a banks. you were watching a cheat. all those games all that time. what a waste.
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

[quote='jonathani' pid='2638901' dateline='1470772624']

I've forgotten. Was is Jeter that gave gift bags to the women he slept with? Classy.

That's just a rumor bud..... Believe it if you want to...
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Cheater, liar, arrogant....all the things we don't want in our professional athletics. I'm actually glad that he came to an ending that wasn't glorious. Good-bye. Unlike others here, I;'ve never collected him other than to fill sets. Regardless of what the record books show.....Aaron, Ruth and Mays are the top 3 home run hitters of all time in MLB in my book.

I do place a lot of the blame on the whole steroid issue on the owners and Bud S. They lined their pockets, the players got paid, and the fans (even though we knew it was going on).........well, at least we were entertained.

Funny....I have never heard anything bad about him from another player/coach/manager
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-10-2016, 12:20 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Funny....I have never heard anything bad about him from another player/coach/manager
Maybe Jason Varitek.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

He was a liar and a cheat so I really don't care about the guy. I'm glad the nightmare is almost over.

(08-10-2016, 12:20 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Regardless of what the record books show.....Aaron, Ruth and Mays are the top 3 home run hitters of all time in MLB in my book.

I do place a lot of the blame on the whole steroid issue on the owners and Bud S. They lined their pockets, the players got paid, and the fans (even though we knew it was going on).........well, at least we were entertained.
Amen, Joe! Amen!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-12-2016, 07:00 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: I know people don't like them and I take advantage by getting their A-Rod cards for free Wink.
Yeah, I guess if anyone hates him so much, I'd gladly adopt any of their despised auto cards of ARod and give them a decent home and a healthy upbringing.
Adoption papers upon request Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That's a beautiful card Kenny. I still collect ARod too and will continue simply because of his place in the all-time record books. Whether he belongs there or not is certainly up for debate and I understand both sides of that debate but his place is there, asterisk or not and that will never be taken away. The cheaters have always been right there with the honest players from the beginning of time, from the third highest batting average of all-time (Joe Jackson), all-time hit leader (Pete Rose), all-time home run leader (Barry Bonds) to most Cy Young award winners (Roger Clemens). Ethics and morals will always be questioned but like it or not their accomplishments continue to remain on the leader boards.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I'm glad the Arod (Aroid?) era is finally over. What a character, just like the other PED guys.

Just because he won't be a HOFer doesn't mean he didn't do some amazing things. I just don't given him credit for doing a lot of those amazing things because of the PEDs he took.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

Love the ESPN rumors the Marlins are looking to sign him.....it would be awesome
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]