`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An Epic A&G Box!

An Epic A&G Box!
I'll precede this by saying that I don't open much wax (especially full boxes) because I never pull anything of note and I only collect one player so I usually just put my budget directly towards Pedroia cards. That said, I bought a box of 2016 Allen & Ginter from Dave & Adam's (I live just down the road from their retail store) and just wanted to share the results. Finally some decent cards! (Sorry for the large scans, I forgot to decrease the size when exporting from Lightroom.)

Matt Stonie & Leigh Steinberg Relics
[Image: 0731161333_zps8u7y4ptc.jpg]

David Ortiz Mini No Number
[Image: 0731161321_zpsrqznldw6.jpg]

Russell Martin Framed Mini Yellow Printing Plate #1/1
[Image: 0731161334a_zpsuvkun6xk.jpg]

Paul McBeth Framed Mini Auto
[Image: 0731161334_zps2wkrgnvd.jpg]

Jason Heyward Framed Mini Cloth #04/10
[Image: 0731161333a_zpsacoxf2if.jpg]

Nomar Garciaparra Mini Glossy #1/1
[Image: 0731161335_1_zpsucx3fkrf.jpg]

-and in the last pack-

Ancient Rome Relics Pompeii Coin!
[Image: 0731161338a_zps5xyryicj.jpg]

I also decided to grab a box of 2015 Bowman because the price was right ($46) and got 2 nice pulls as well:

C.J. Edwards Mini Orange Shimmer Refractor Auto #07/25
[Image: 0731161330_zpskzukuegw.jpg]

Dilson Herrera Orange Refractor Auto #21/25
[Image: 0731161332_zpso2kgdwzr.jpg]

Finally some worthwhile cards to contribute to the boards. I'll also be updating my Pedroia mail thread soon as I have obtained some sweet additions for my PC. Thanks for looking!
Dustin Pedroia Collector

[Image: Pedroia%20Beckett_zpsyhzs8kbs.jpg]

RE: An Epic A&G Box!
Killer break!!

Sweet Box of Ginter!! Also that Bowman was incredible as well!! You should have played the lottery with that kind of luck!! Congrats!

Wow! Pretty cool stuff. I'll admit, I'm not sure who some of the A&G people are ( I'm kinda baseball-centric when it comes to sports) but that coin from Pompeii ?!?! Magnificent! That's gotta be one of the more interesting relic cards ... EVER!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-02-2016, 01:09 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Sweet Box of Ginter!! Also that Bowman was incredible as well!! You should have played the lottery with that kind of luck!! Congrats!
I was thinking the same thing!

(08-02-2016, 01:11 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow! Pretty cool stuff. I'll admit, I'm not sure who some of the A&G people are ( I'm kinda baseball-centric when it comes to sports) but that coin from Pompeii ?!?! Magnificent! That's gotta be one of the more interesting relic cards ... EVER!
Thanks man! I have a history degree so pulling the Pompeii coin was definitely a cool experience!

Dustin Pedroia Collector

[Image: Pedroia%20Beckett_zpsyhzs8kbs.jpg]

Out-frickin'-standing, congrats!!!!
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

Hey great boxes if some of them are for trade pm me. I could maybe add some stuff from my pc for them thanks. But once again congrats.

Really beat the odds on that box...opened 3 and got some good low #/ed items as well..but the coin and a 1/1 and /10 cloth..very nice indeed!!!

Very nice stuff!

Man, getting an auto is a win in itself let alone everything else. One of the best A&G boxes I've seen. Sweet Nomah & Papi minis. Gotta love the Pompeii with the window so you can actually touch it.