`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Ginter: Amazing Luck @ local

Allen Ginter: Amazing Luck @ local
Made my way to the local to buy a pack or two of Tribute but by the time I got there, totally sold out.

Broke 2 packs of Champs hockey and got two hits. Forbert jersey and an Alex PIETRANGELO auto.

Stopped at a new box of Certified and hit two autos from last year's rookie crop? Petty and Yeldon.

[Image: Certified%20LaQuon%20Treadwell.jpg]

Head to the register and see an open box of Allen Ginter: Pick out a few packs and hit a jersey card and this auto

[Image: Allen%20Ginter%20Mike%20Greenberg.jpg]

Nice but I had just bought this card last week on eBay.

Realize that I opened all the packs in the box, owner opens a new box and I take out enough so I can get the box price instead of paying the pack price.

Hit another jersey card and this RED AUTO!

[Image: Allen%20Ginter%20Trevor%20Story.jpg]

At that point, I tell the owner I will buy one of the boxes on the shelf.

Hit this kind of a patch

[Image: Allen%20Ginter%20Matt%20Stonie0002.jpg]

But to my surpise was this super nice auto!

[Image: Allen%20Ginter%20Michael%20Phelps.jpg]

I had wanted one of the Phelps autos but didn't expect to pull one!

Good day at the local!

RE: Allen Ginter: Amazing Luck @ local
A very good day indeed!
Phelps & Story are awesome.
Who is Greenberg?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-31-2016, 07:43 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Who is Greenberg?
Co-host of the "Mike and Mike Show" on ESPN.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(07-31-2016, 08:27 AM)zeprock Wrote: Co-host of the "Mike and Mike Show" on ESPN.
Thanks, I hardly ever watch ESPN while MLB is available. I do recall seeing the show, he's just not recognizable to me!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yes, Mike and Mike in the morning drive time on ESPN radio and TV. He has some interesting thoughts on sports for sure.

I wanted one of his autos when I first saw the checklist and that was the reason I bought it. I thought I was finished buying A & G but needs a few minis to fill out a page in my mini book. It kind of went from there.

Couldn't believe I pulled the Greenberg auto after buying it!

Is the Treadwell for trade?

(08-03-2016, 09:10 PM)chipfan22 Wrote: Is the Treadwell for trade?

More than likely I will keep the card.

Congrats, the Story and Phelps autos are amazing pulls. Too bad Story just got hurt.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/