`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best ever pull from a bargain bin box

RE: Best ever pull from a bargain bin box
I've had a string of good luck over the last year and a half or so buying thrift store lots- today's find included quite a few late 70s through early 80s stars and rookies, including two '79 Topps Ozzie Smith rookies. One is kinda rough, but the other is a solid NM. Not too shabby for $5.00.

This is not Baseball but I pulled some Topps Chrome Odell Beckham RC's from a dime box at the last show I set up at. Not the best pull ever, but not bad.

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

(06-29-2016, 04:05 PM)petronm20 Wrote: Well... talk about spooky, as i am reading your post taking a break from going through a couple boxes I bought for 10 bucks I reach over and pull out another stack from the box and find a freakin' 01/01 1999 Flair Showcase Legacy Masterpiece Row 3 #1 Mark McGwire AND a Jordan Scoring Kings!!! Thanks for the good JUJU!!! How do you value a 01/01?

That's tough to beat! McGwire 1/1s would probably be worth a couple hundred to someone I would imagine? Seems like his $bv's have held up over the years.

I'm with Rich here, my best find was football. In 2014 I was going through random sports boxes, some .50 cent boxes, etc and the 3rd to last card in the last box was a 2012 Contenders Richard Sherman parallel #d to 99 for $3. At the time I was thinking it was his 2nd year card, #d to 99, someone will want to trade for it.... Well it ended up being his rc parallel... Needless to say I was VERY happy when I saw the book value! Also grabbed a 1939 Cubs Team Issue Billy Herman for $5 at an antique mall a few months ago. They had a pile of other guys also, but I believe Herman was the only hall of famer in the bunch.

[Image: sherm_zpsdcc2d59a.jpg]