`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I put BVG & BGS cards in the same package?

Can I put BVG & BGS cards in the same package?
Can I put the following cards in the same package / submission?

1978 Topps Tony Dorsett RC
1982 Topps Ronnie Lott RC
1984 Topps Eric Dickerson RC
1986 Topps Jerry Rice RC

Thank you for the responses guys.

RE: Can I put BVG & BGS cards in the same package?
(04-26-2016, 04:00 AM)cowboy1501 Wrote: Can I put the following cards in the same package / submission?

1978 Topps Tony Dorsett RC
1982 Topps Ronnie Lott RC
1984 Topps Eric Dickerson RC
1986 Topps Jerry Rice RC

Thank you for the responses guys.
Yes
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Uh how dare you subtly brag about those without showing some scans of them. At the very least assure us some post-grade scans Smile

To answer your question, yes, and good luck on some gems!!
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(04-26-2016, 03:45 PM)y2hood Wrote: Uh how dare you subtly brag about those without showing some scans of them. At the very least assure us some post-grade scans Smile

To answer your question, yes, and good luck on some gems!!
My scanner isn't working but I'll post the grades when I get the cards back.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing them. Smile
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Yes good luck, especially with the 86 Rice....they are pretty strict on that green border so make sure it looks good to you.
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

(04-27-2016, 02:20 PM)dmasci Wrote: Yes good luck, especially with the 86 Rice....they are pretty strict on that green border so make sure it looks good to you.
Well since my scanner isn't working here is a description of each card along with my "Educated" guesses based on Beckett's grading scale as to what their final grades will be & I bought each card in raw condition:

1978 Topps Tony Dorsett RC: I think will grade either a Near Mint 8 or Near Mint to Mint+ 8.5.
Reason: The only flaw I see is that the card is off center both ways on the front but the back is centered pretty well while the corners, surface & edges appears to be perfect. I paid only $8.00 for it on eBay.

1982 Topps Ronnie Lott RC: I think card will grade either a Mint 9 or Gem Mint 9.5.
Reason: The color appears to be barely faded other than that the surface, corners, centering on the front & the back appears to be 50 / 50 & edges seem to be perfect. I paid $14.99 for it on eBay.

1984 Topps Eric Dickerson RC: I think will grade a Near Mint to Mint+ 8.5 at best.
Reason: The front is just barely off center from side to side but the back is nearly 50 / 50 centered & the color is very slightly faded with no other visual flaws on the surface other than that the corners & edges appear to be perfect. I paid only $7.99 for it on eBay.

1986 Topps Jerry Rice RC: I think it'll get a Mint 9 or Gem Mint 9.5 grade.
Reason: The card seems to have four perfect corners, near 50 / 50 centering both ways on the front with near 50 / 50 centering on the back, very deep color with no blemishes that I can see on the surface & the edges should grade at least a 9. Altogether I paid $42.25 for it on eBay.

I'm having my 1981 Topps Joe Montana RC currently being graded so it should pop on the 29th of this month. The only flaw on that card in my humble opinion is there's a very small print dot on the left hand side outside of the border & the color is a little faded while the centering is near 50 / 50 on the front & 70 / 30 on the back, corners & edges seem to be perfect. I paid a total of $69.00 for it on eBay but I think it'll grade a Near Mint to Mint+ 8.5 to Mint 9.

Once I have all the cards back I'll post their overall grades & their sub grades on this thread.

Good luck, it will be curious to see how your cards grade out compared to your guesses. Except for the Lott card I have the rest that you can see in my photo bucket that have been graded by Beckett. All came back with 8.5 grades except the Dickerson which is a 9.

(04-28-2016, 08:39 AM)dmasci Wrote: Good luck, it will be curious to see how your cards grade out compared to your guesses. Except for the Lott card I have the rest that you can see in my photo bucket that have been graded by Beckett. All came back with 8.5 grades except the Dickerson which is a 9.
I just got the email for my 1982 Topps, 1984 Topps Eric Dickerson, 1986 Topps Jerry Rice & 1986 Topps Reggie White RC's today so I can't scan any pictures of yet. I haven't sent in my 1978 Topps Tony Dorsett RC yet. Anyway here's the results:

1982 Topps Ronnie Lott RC:

Centering: 9.5
Corners: 9
Edges: 9
Surface: 9

As predicted this card got an overall grade of Mint 9.

1984 Topps Eric Dickerson RC:

Centering: 8
Corners: 9.5
Edges: 9.5
Surface: 9

As predicted this card got an overall grade of Near Mint to Mint 8.5+.

1986 Topps Jerry Rice RC:

Centering: 8
Corners: 9
Surface: 9.5

This card got an overall grade of Near Mint to Mint 8.5+ which is .5 below my prediction of Mint 9 on the low end.

1986 Topps Reggie White RC:

Centering: 8.5
Corners: 8.5
Surface: 9.5

This card got an overall grade of Near Mint to Mint 8.5+. I didn't make any predictions for this cards overall grade.

Altogether not bad grades & I was only .5 below the actual grade on my prediction for the Jerry Rice RC card but was spot on when it came to the overall grades for the rest of the cards in this submission.