`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Two Ryan Leaf Cards ID.. Error?

Two Ryan Leaf Cards ID.. Error?
The first card is a 1999 Collector's Edge Supreme Galvanized #105 Ryan Leaf which has no serial number on the back and clearly has the "Galvanized" on the front, maybe an error? The second one is a 1998 Collector's Edge Ryan Leaf which has No Number so I need some help Identifying it, i dont know if this is normal for this print or not. Thanks Guys!

1999 Collector's Edge Supreme Galvanized #105 Ryan Leaf

[Image: VnnP1Fa.jpg?2]
[Image: SpiS4mU.jpg?2]

1998 Collector's Edge Ryan Leaf

[Image: FbZlKH1.jpg?1]
[Image: VsSGeGb.jpg?1]

RE: Two Ryan Leaf Cards ID.. Error?
Not 100% sure on the first one. , Could be a preview or promo card. Usually that would be indicated on the back where the serial # goes though. I'm sure there are some player collectors with guys from that set that have more knowledge of all the different things you can find on Collector's Edge cards from that time period.

The 2nd one is a version of this card, 1998 Collector's Edge 1st Place, either the Base, or Silver version:
http://www.beckett.com/football/1998/col...magetabs-2

There is also a gold version out there. I believe they did that type of card just for Leaf & Peyton Manning. They are listed on COMC as being #N/A, Beckett has 5 photo variations listed that are assigned #'s 1-5
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

Thanks, my initial search did not bring up all 5 versions which is what had me wondering. As for the galvanized, I know Collector's Edge is notorious for marking pre-issue cards with a "Preview" and Leaf is not listed as a card which was produced as a preview card. . I did read somewhere that there "unfinished" cards from Collectors Edge that made their way onto the market after they went out of business...

To be honest, when the company shut down and liquidated its assets, the market became flooded with error cards.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

Thanks that was what i read and figured was the case.

The first one is most likely an after-bankruptcy card that we leaked out. CE had made extras of all serial numbered cards without adding the serial numbers, as most companies did at the time, to handle any cards returned with damage.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/