`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Boxes of 2016 Topps Legacies of Baseball

RE: 5 Boxes of 2016 Topps Legacies of Baseball
(04-01-2016, 10:08 PM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: For those of you wondering, a big website that starts with "DA" has them as follows:

2016 Topps Legacies of Baseball Hobby Box

8 packs per box, 4 cards per box. 2 Autograph cards per box. 1 Vault Metal card per box.
$184.95

Just speaking for myself, but color me unimpressed for $185 a box. Not saying that is what you paid for them, but I really don't see a lot of return on those 5 boxes. And if they are going to charge that much....COME ON TOPPS! Sending out one of the autos (Wong) with a big streak in it is unacceptable. This is not even my box and it pisses me off. The QC person at Topps should have thought "Sum Ting Wong" with this Wong. (for those of you that don't get that joke, youtube it)

I know I am going to regret this (as I have been sticking only to graded BGS autos lately and staying away from breaking new wax) but I did preorder some boxes of "The Mint" from Topps in August. Thanks Matt (HOF collector) for turning me onto it in your other forum post....dirty dog.... I will post them once I break them but I know it is going to be a dumpster fire and just make me angry. Which I will blame Matt for all over again for mentioning it on these boards Smile

Ummmm... your welcome?

(04-01-2016, 06:51 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: What's a box of that go for?
Currently $170.00 - $190.00 range.
(04-01-2016, 02:32 PM)cspen Wrote: Box #5 was a nice one if you're a Cardinals fan. Not sure I have much to offer but you could look at me for the three Cardinals.
Think I'm going to wait for pricing on this one because I have no idea what they are going to book for.
(04-01-2016, 04:27 PM)kens05goat Wrote: I'm interested in the Juan Gonzalez if you feel like moving it.
I will be moving it, just waiting on pricing.
(04-01-2016, 09:32 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Looks like a different version of 5 Star. I think I will save my money. The coallation could be better as well, two autos of two of the same players out of 5 boxes?
Not going to argue with you on the correlation and saving money, but I personally don't think it is like 5 Star. I would still buy 5 Star.
(04-01-2016, 09:45 PM)demondukk Wrote: Glad I saw your post! Was pondering buying a box. No thanks now! Not for that price atleast.

If you don't get a deal done for the Ozzie AU, I'd be interested. Thanks!
Will keep you in mind.
(04-01-2016, 09:53 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Always interested in Severino, if I have anything in my ORG that you'd consider. Nice looking cards. Which set did this new product replace and how much was a box?
I haven't heard anything about it replacing something. $170-$190 a box. They are nice looking but overpriced, but then again I may change my mind when pricing for them comes out but probably not.
(04-01-2016, 10:08 PM)BGS_Graded_Card_Guy Wrote: Just speaking for myself, but color me unimpressed for $185 a box. Not saying that is what you paid for them, but I really don't see a lot of return on those 5 boxes. And if they are going to charge that much....COME ON TOPPS! Sending out one of the autos (Wong) with a big streak in it is unacceptable. This is not even my box and it pisses me off. The QC person at Topps should have thought "Sum Ting Wong" with this Wong. (for those of you that don't get that joke, youtube it)
Not going to disagree with everything you said, but hey someone has to bust wax and I don't mind doing it. In fact I find it very enjoyable and fun. I agree with the quality control and also with the correlation issue.

However, I have never sat down with a box of wax expecting for a "return" on what I'm opening. It's my hobby and I enjoy it. My cards I will keep till I'm gone and my daughters will inherit them and no doubt sell them in a yard sale for $25.00. So my return at best will be one of my girls getting money for a new pair of shoes, and I'm just fine with that.

(04-01-2016, 05:32 PM)aprirr Wrote: That is one awesome Nolan Ryan, Rob! Congrats!
Thanks Aaron.

Some great looking cards. Will like a chance at the Severino auto. As a Boston fan you should get rid of that card ASAP. Waiting for a box of that product. I should get it on Monday.

Thanks for the heads up....I do like the Vault Metals and Lasting Imprints, but I'll take your advice and purchase PC cards on the secondary market. Though a BBA, I do get upset when I open something that IMO doesn't at least provide a value close to what I paid (and a lot of that value has nothing to do with money)......this product doesn't do it for me.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Major pass on this product. I understand risk vs reward but from what I have seen at the two locals where I shop it has been all risk.

For 190 at my LCS, I will pass at well. I think this would have to get down to $100 a box for me to take a bite.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

All I pull are hits of Kolten Wong. After seeing all the awesome Donruss retail breaks, I bought a blaster and pulled a bat card of ... Kolten Wong.