IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you guys go.......

Where do you guys go.......
to sell cards? or What do you do?
Just wondering.
I have basketball and baseball sets from the 1990's that are complete that I don't have the room for in my house and I have moved on from collecting sets to just collecting singles. I know that there probably is not a high demand for these things but I wanted to ask and see what you do.
Thanks for your time and I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

RE: Where do you guys go.......
It really just depends on exactly what you have. A lot of the early 90s sets are incredibly tough to move, even at super cheap prices. If the sets are hand-collated versus factory sealed then they are even harder to move. However if the sets include rare insert sets or key issues (i.e. 1993 and 1994 SP baseball sets), then you won't have a problem selling them.
In terms of where to sell them, Craigslist is a great way to try and sell locally and avoid paying any seller fees. If the sets are extremely undesirable and overproduced (1991 Donruss and Fleer for example) then you might not get any interest as complete sets, and might actually be better off breaking them down to just the key stars and rookie cards in the sets and selling/trading those singles, and either take the rest and make team lots that include several different sets. You can always donate the rest to a charity. In fact donating the sets or sets minus key cards to charity might be your best shot at easily getting rid of them if they are some of the undesirable sets.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Early 90s cards are tough to move, even as complete sets. There are very few key cards in the early 90s that have any value. When I buy collections I usually just give those cards away to kids or throw them in the trash because it's not worth the time to try to sell them.

Thank you guys for your input. I appreciate it.
I will look around at things and see what is out there.

(03-30-2016, 10:26 AM)slufan83 Wrote: Early 90s cards are tough to move, even as complete sets. There are very few key cards in the early 90s that have any value. When I buy collections I usually just give those cards away to kids or throw them in the trash because it's not worth the time to try to sell them.
This nearly made me tear up a little. heh One of the sad truths since the manufactures were all about MORE MORE MORE! Instead of make something different.

I think donations to schools have been mentioned before. Some teachers use them as prizes/rewards for things.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]