`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed! 89 Bowman Tiffany Sealed Set is Here!!! Raw Griffey Pics.

Advice needed! 89 Bowman Tiffany Sealed Set is Here!!! Raw Griffey Pics.
Here are the pics....

Who should I use for grading? Beckett has the most submissions in the population report, but also the fewest high grades. PSA has graded a lot more 9's and up!

Advice please!?

[Image: IMG_0342_zpsevweygc6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0340_zpsxli0gklt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0339_zps2ymbebi6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0338_zpslkmpxcta.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0343_zpsbb9wdlky.jpg]
Adam Laroche Super Collector.

RE: Advice needed! 89 Bowman Tiffany Sealed Set is Here!!! Griffey RC Grading Questions!?
Tough to say but I would go with Beckett
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

RE: Advice needed! 89 Bowman Tiffany Sealed Set is Here!!! Griffey RC Grading Questions!?
psa.....it sells better!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Tough to say. I prefer Beckett and if you could manage to pull a 10 it would sell for more than a PSA 10 but you most likely won't and your probably even more likely to pull a PSA 10 than a BGS 9.5. That being said PSA 10's sell really well.

RE: Advice needed! 89 Bowman Tiffany Sealed Set is Here!!! Raw Griffey Pics.
BGS will likely kill you on that centering...

This one got a 7...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEN-GRIFFEY-JR-R...SwqrtWpTUZ

Seems pretty comparable, front and back-wise as far as centering.

Also, is that a corner fold on the lower-left corner in the 3rd pick?

From my experience, PSA is more forgiving with centering and when there is one specific categorical flaw than BGS. I'd go PSA and keep my fingers crossed for the 9.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Definitely off center so as Dom mentioned, possibility PSA. But... in your bottom pic the light is hitting that top left corner funny. It looks kind of bent, or is it just a funky light glare?

(03-19-2016, 10:20 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Definitely off center so as Dom mentioned, possibility PSA. But... in your bottom pic the light is hitting that top left corner funny. It looks kind of bent, or is it just a funky light glare?
Its just the lighting. Corners and Color are sharp.
Adam Laroche Super Collector.

(03-19-2016, 04:18 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Tough to say. I prefer Beckett and if you could manage to pull a 10 it would sell for more than a PSA 10 but you most likely won't and your probably even more likely to pull a PSA 10 than a BGS 9.5. That being said PSA 10's sell really well.
Judging on the centering it is not a 10 (either PSA or BGS). The centering is the biggest issue I see, though it appears like 1 corner is slightly off (the top left corner in the picture that you show the back of the card). The card will probably grade as a 9, though it could be a BGS 8.5 if that corner is worse than the picture shows or something else is noticed that I don't see from your pics.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(03-20-2016, 10:02 AM)djohn Wrote: Judging on the centering it is not a 10 (either PSA or BGS). The centering is the biggest issue I see, though it appears like 1 corner is slightly off (the top left corner in the picture that you show the back of the card). The card will probably grade as a 9, though it could be a BGS 8.5 if that corner is worse than the picture shows or something else is noticed that I don't see from your pics.
He hadn't posted the pics yet when I mentioned that bit about a BGS 10. I'd say go with PSA. You see the corner too? Thought I was going crazy.

The corner by the 1989 Bowman copyright definitely looks dinged to me so that will hurt. I'm guessing a BGS 8
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling