`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 quantum leaf shirt of my back SB-18

2001 quantum leaf shirt of my back SB-18
i was going through my cards and came up on a Ricky Williams Shirt of My Back jersey #7 out 100. This card also has a auto on it. Is this an error card?

RE: 2001 quantum leaf shirt of my back SB-18
Beckett states the print run should be 25.
http://www.beckett.com/football/2001/qua...ms-2489158
I searched through eBay and there is only a non auto listed and none being sold anytime lately.
Did you pull it from a pack? If not... Could someone have got Ricky to sign the regular card in person, maybe?
Beckett could be wrong with their listing.
Send it into Beckett for grading, then I bet you will find the answer. For about 13 dollars plus shipping Smile
[]

It would help to see a scan, but it should have a stamp on it authenticating the autograph. There actually is a Daunte Culpepper Shirt Off My Back auto listed on ebay right now - I think it was just listed - and it is numbered 010/100 but you can see the authentication stamp on the N and G in "VIKINGS" above the jersey swatch. The print run is 25 but it's probably a situation where the first 25 were autographed and the last 75 were not.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(03-15-2016, 04:31 PM)uwash97 Wrote: . The print run is 25 but it's probably a situation where the first 25 were autographed and the last 75 were not.
I'm thinking this. Leaf had a habit of inserting jersey relics where the first so many were autographed. I'm thinking the print run for the jersey card is 100, with the first 25 auto'd. So, numbered 1 - 25 = auto, 26 - 100 = non auto'd. I know I pulled rookie relics from mid 2000s Rookies and Stars where the print run as 799, with the first 100 additionally having an auto.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Here is the info that shows up in Beckett's database if you look up just the basic 2001 Quantum Leaf Shirt Off My Back set.

"Randomly inserted in packs, this 30-card set showcases top NFL players pictured next to a swatch of a game used jersey. Each card is sequentially numbered to 100. Ten players signed the first 25-copies of their cards."

Thus this isn't an error, but as suspected simply the way Leaf made the cards. There are really 75 unsigned and 25 signed versions, all with an overall print run of 100.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/