`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ideas for ways to display pc

ideas for ways to display pc
Before I start scouring the Web looking for display cases, I thought I would ask around and see what everyone else uses. After all, what good are the cards if they stay packed away in a box. I am looking for a few cases. As if bow, I have about 100 Gaudreau, 150 Ovi, 55 Gostisbehere and around 100 subban. I would like them to all have their own case, preferably wall mounted and would need room for expansion. For the national heroes that I collect, I am just mounting them in a GIANT picture frame using matting. Not thrilled with it, but it serves the purpose. I would like the case to be nice, as the Gaudreau collection is going in my wine room and the rest in my office and living room. Any suggestions, including pricing if known, would be great. While I'm typing, I'm still on the hunt for Gaudreau, Gostisbehere, #d subban and ovi, and an ovi young gun. As always, have a great day and feel free to hit me up for a trade. I've added about 70 or so decent cards over the past 2 weeks, so there is some fresh inventory. -Joe

RE: ideas for ways to display pc
My grandfather built these for me a few years back now.

[Image: DSCF1153_zps22ildohk.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1156_zpsrgmofi29.jpg]

There is a slot in the wood on each level for the cards to sit in.

Only two things I would have done differently is more space between rows as you can see some cards sitting sideways and make the slot big enough for an ultimate slabbed cards.

I personally would like some glass display cases in the future but not feasible right now.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I have a couple being built right now. One 41x31x3 (the basic size of a jersey frame) and another 48x48x3 with shelves 5.25 inches high. I imagine they will look very similar to Scott's except they will have a thin backing. If I like the final product I will be ordering 2 more of the smaller ones. That should allow me enough shelf space to display all of "24" collection.

Those are great, but I agree with the things you would have done different. As for the ones that you are ordering, are they from someone you know or commercially produced? I don't know that I want something custom made, but I guess that is always an option. Thanks for the input guys!! -Joe

I found a guy on a local facebook page that does custom work. Cost of the 2 shelves is approx. $320 that includes staining them and delivery.

(03-14-2016, 03:08 PM)JEH177 Wrote: Those are great, but I agree with the things you would have done different. As for the ones that you are ordering, are they from someone you know or commercially produced? I don't know that I want something custom made, but I guess that is always an option. Thanks for the input guys!! -Joe