`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thank you Alanch for the awesome customs!

Thank you Alanch for the awesome customs!
Thank you so much for the customs you made for me. It knocked me to the floor and I was shocked at how well done they are. A little back story for folks here before I get into the mega scans...

Years ago Al posted a request for some custom card assistance for Packer players who didn't have licensed cards of them in a Green Bay uniform he could get signed TTM. Unfortunately time travel has not been invented yet otherwise his future self could have created something right up his alley.

I decided to give it a try and designed an Erik Walden:

It was fun designing the card though not very autograph friendly with dark colors covering most of the front. This was before I revised TTM-style cards with a fade out section. I had done a couple custom projects before but thanks to him and Gadsden86 I started doing a bunch more.

Fast forward to about 8 months ago and he posted about a new concept for Letterman-style cards. I loved the design and asked if he could do a copy for me. I wound up printing off two and enjoyed them a lot.

This past Christmas I did a short run of 5 cards for a new type of custom card. The idea came to me almost immediately after the game ended and I wanted to do something to commemorate the event.

Finally we arrive to a couple weeks ago when Alanch shoots a PM over to me about a new project he's working on and wanted to hook me up with a couple examples. Knowing his quality work I was excited to see what the latest was and boy I was NOT disappointed!

Simply phenomenal customs based off of 1989 Topps and 2015 Crown Royale. The scans simply cannot do justice to how they look in person. The green hexagon pattern has a depth that a picture can't match and the refractors look so much better in hand. The gold "superfractor" styling is a wonderful backdrop.

Unfortunately for him, he now has caused me to have to up my game and try to somehow top his latest efforts. The production quality is such that I know I can't match it so I'll have to pull out some tricks to figure this out Smile.

Thank you again for the excellent job and gift.

RE: Thank you Alanch for the awesome customs!
Very glad you liked them! Was both a fun project and great learning experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the customs you have sent me and the design work you did previously. This was the least I could do.

Will post the Leonhard versions I have been working on once I get them wrapped up.

[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

That is some nice work Alanch. I'm curious if you did non sports stuff as well. I have a few things I may want to have cards made for. Would be happy to compensate. Once im done with a few projects Im working on, I'll give you a ring
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

Wow!! That is some amazing stuff by both of you. Thank you for sharing the story and pictures. It is a real treat to see both the quality custom work and the passion for the hobby.
Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins

VEry cool. I need to show off some of my new stuff. Been a while since i have done much TTming but still making customs here and there.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(03-08-2016, 08:29 PM)duch2izback Wrote: That is some nice work Alanch. I'm curious if you did non sports stuff as well. I have a few things I may want to have cards made for. Would be happy to compensate. Once im done with a few projects Im working on, I'll give you a ring
Thanks! I'd certainly be willing to take a shot at whatever you are thinking of for a project. Just let me know.

(03-11-2016, 11:46 AM)johnnypen Wrote: Wow!! That is some amazing stuff by both of you. Thank you for sharing the story and pictures. It is a real treat to see both the quality custom work and the passion for the hobby.
Thanks! JP's stuff looks really sharp in person. It is a lot of fun creating things and trying out new techniques.
(03-13-2016, 06:58 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: VEry cool. I need to show off some of my new stuff. Been a while since i have done much TTming but still making customs here and there.
Would be excited to see what you have been working on. TTMing has been slow here as well. I miss those times when I was getting a few back each week. Now it seems to take months.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

(03-14-2016, 11:13 AM)alanch Wrote: Thanks! I'd certainly be willing to take a shot at whatever you are thinking of for a project. Just let me know.

Thanks! JP's stuff looks really sharp in person. It is a lot of fun creating things and trying out new techniques.

Would be excited to see what you have been working on. TTMing has been slow here as well. I miss those times when I was getting a few back each week. Now it seems to take months.
Will try and post up some tomorrow. Few cut customs and a few TTM's not really many as i havent sent any in a ling time.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn