`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Grading

Auto Grading
I just got this 2002 Donruss Classics Chipper Jones.

It is an old serial numbered card with the old BGS label.

Can anyone tell me if Beckett graded auto's back then or did the person who subbed it choose not to have the auto graded? I looked the auto over and in my opinion it looks like a 10. It doesn't run off the label or have a faint signature.

Can a card like this be sent back to have the auto grade added to the label? I realize this would be a reslabbing fee but I think it would be worth it.

Thanks

[Image: 072_zpsh1lkhy6w.jpg]

[Image: 073_zps50jqdsgh.jpg]
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

RE: Auto Grading
That's a nice Chipper auto. Not sure why someone would opt not to have the autograph graded as it appears to be a 10. You could always set a minimum grade and opt for no action if it does not meet. I'll ask the Beckett guy I sub my cards to when I pick up my next order.

I think that would be a smart idea to put a minimum on it. I don't want it to come back 9 if the grader saw something missed the first time.

Thank you

(02-20-2016, 06:21 PM)crossada Wrote: I just got this 2002 Donruss Classics Chipper Jones.

It is an old serial numbered card with the old BGS label.

Can anyone tell me if Beckett graded auto's back then or did the person who subbed it choose not to have the auto graded? I looked the auto over and in my opinion it looks like a 10. It doesn't run off the label or have a faint signature.

Can a card like this be sent back to have the auto grade added to the label? I realize this would be a reslabbing fee but I think it would be worth it.

Thanks

The person didn't opt out of auto grading== BGS did not grade autos back then and didn't start doing so for nearly a year later ( late 2003 if my memory serves me).

If you send back be advised its like sending in a new card- you'll get assessed the full grading fees = and possibly run the risk of it being damaged on crack out. Are you willing to run that risk ?? They make you sign a waiver before cracking out- just an FYI.

If its mine- I keep as is. Older BGS labels are well sought after by collectors. Frankly there's nothing wrong with keeping as is. The naked eye can tell that auto is great. No need to add an auto grade to that card. This of course is personal opinion.

If you do send in for regrading so an auto can be added let us know how you did.

jeff

p.s. Mine is below. Your auto looks as good as mine does.

[Image: 02-DC-Significant-Sigs.jpg]

Thanks for the info and advice Jeff. I greatly appreciate it too!

I have my BGS order coming from Texas this week and then I will work on my next order. I will decide then if I am regrading it. Amazingly enough it did enter into my Registry correctly. The old serial numbers are hit and miss for me.