`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player-specific predictions for 2016

Player-specific predictions for 2016
I always like these kinds of threads to see what other people think...

My predictions:

-Bryce Harper gets hit with the injury bug, allowing Arenado and goldschmidt to get more very deserved recognition, especially goldschmidt

-The two players mentioned above will finish second and third fiddle to the MVP, Giancarlo, who drives in 150 with 40+... Speaking of Marlins, Christian Yelich takes a step forward and bats .315 with 15 home runs, but is still a year away from his first batting title. Despite domination from Giancarlo, yelich, Dee and jofer, still not enough for Marlins to make playoffs.

- byron buxton is exposed as the next Cameron maybin, Gallo is exposed as the next mark Reynolds, and Javier Baez continues to look like Javier Baez.

- overall the top crop of offensive prospects reaching the bigs are a disappointment to anyone expecting a splash similar to recent years... Only exception I see is Corey seager and JP Crawford to a much less extent (hard to make a splash in a pool of sewer sludge that is the Phillies situation)... The rest who get the call Mazara et. al will be scrubbing it up.

- taijuan walker takes another step forward towards becoming dominant and out-performs King Felix..

-Cy young awards go to Sonny Gray when he is traded to the Red Sox at the deadline and helps them push past Toronto in dominant fashion.

-NL cy young goes to gerrit Cole... Places 2nd and 3rd go to various mets

-machado tweaks a knee at some point taking the wind out the sails of any MVP talks

-Cubs Bryant and schwarber go through some learning pains, but Addison and soler make strides... Still a year or two away from clicking on all cylinders (I like all 4, and they are very scary in the future)

-mike trout has a down year (for mike trout), miggy shows how old he truly is and has a good but not MVP-like year, Carlos correa has a great year but lacks consistency...

-Al MVP award goes to... Xander bogaerts of the World Series champion Red Sox...

- Alex Bregman is in strong consideration for minor league player of the year as he puts all skills on display at AA, forcing the Astros to let altuve go at free agency

RE: Player-specific predictions for 2016
Wow. Some very bold predictions.

On a side note, you don't think the Marlins can make the playoffs in that division?

(02-14-2016, 10:52 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Wow. Some very bold predictions.

On a side note, you don't think the Marlins can make the playoffs in that division?
Conservative predictions aren't any fun... I'm keeping my "Khris Davis hits .260 with 28 hr's to help the A's finish in 4th" predictions to myself haha.

I honestly don't see the Marlins making it. The Mets rotations is too damn strong, and even though the Phillies/Braves will be cannon fodder to pad their record, I see the wild cards coming out of the west and central.. The Marlins are EXTREMELY top heavy talent-wise with Jofer, Giancarlos, Yelich and Dee... As much as I like all 4 of those players and think that they will all have impressive years, I don't think it will be enough to carry them. I think they have a shot to challenge for 2nd, if my Bryce injury prediction pans out... But the Cubbies/Pirates or Dodgers/Giants will be the wild cards.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Braves are playing 500 baseball at the break and any player with a so so name is traded. Braves finish with 98 losses.

I'm curious to see what J.D. Martinez is going to do this season after busting out 38 and 102 last year

Yankees will win division and the World Series. We are just a huge bat away!!!

Our pitching and pen is ridiculous

Ok.....I'll play along too.........the Phillies will be the first team to go undefeated, lol
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

AL. MVP Trout
NL.MVP Harper
AL.CY Sale
NL.CY Harvey
AL. ROY Berrios
NL. ROY Matz
AL.HR Trout
NL. HR Stanton
AL RBI Donaldson
NL.RBI Goldschmidt
AL. BA Miggy
NL> BA Harper
AL SB Buxton
NL> SB Hamilton
WS. Mets vs. BlueJays
WS. Winner Mets

My prediction is the Cubs suck lol
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

Jose Bautista hits massive home run against Yankees during pennant race, flips bat, and hits seagull in head despite the fact game is played at Rogers Center and dome is closed due to rain. Citing precedent Ontario Gov`t continues to make idiotic decisions and charges Bautista under the `Dave Winfield Protection Act` from his actions of jokingly throwing a ball once at a seagull and accidentally hitting and unfortunately killing it. Riots ensue in Toronto, which since it is Toronto entail lighting fire to trash cans to stay warm on cold late summer nights.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!