`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't find any info on these 1989 donruss error cards

Can't find any info on these 1989 donruss error cards
I have 70+ of these 1989 donruss MLB trading cards. I can't find a listing any where or a picture of the cards. Some real big time names Fred mcgriff,Andres galarraga,Pedro guerrero,chili Davis, Roberto kelly. Is there any one who can give me some advice on wether it would be worth getting these graded. I never had cards graded so I am not sure how the process is.

RE: Can't find any info on these 1989 donruss error cards
How are the error cards?
*they
*they
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(02-14-2016, 11:24 AM)petillo64 Wrote: How are the error cards?
*they
*they
well They all have the wrong name on the front. I have Joel Skinner played for the yankees and ron kittles name is te bottom... wrong name on front and name in wrong spot. I have over 70. I called every sports store in Westernnnn Wisconsin no one knows what i am talking about.

So the name of a different player is on top, and the player doesn't have the right name on the bottom?
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Pics?

Sounds like you have a bunch of miscut cards. These are not errors, but manufacturing defects that most people don't want. Since the miscut is so severe that it has a different players name on the card, you might find a player collector with some interest, but most people wouldn't want them. Unfortunately the "real big time names" you mentioned are not really big time names anymore. If you had a Griffey or Randy Johnson rookie there might be more general interest, but even then most people wouldn't want a severely miscut card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-14-2016, 12:30 PM)djohn Wrote: Sounds like you have a bunch of miscut cards. These are not errors, but manufacturing defects that most people don't want. Since the miscut is so severe that it has a different players name on the card, you might find a player collector with some interest, but most people wouldn't want them. Unfortunately the "real big time names" you mentioned are not really big time names anymore. If you had a Griffey or Randy Johnson rookie there might be more general interest, but even then most people wouldn't want a severely miscut card.
My thoughts too.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html