`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anybody please offer details on this Mantle card?

Can anybody please offer details on this Mantle card?
I bought this card a few weeks ago but have never seen anything like it before? Have any of the collectors on this site seen one or can anybody vouch for origin/validity?
It seemed like a great pick up for a Mantle fanSmile

I hope the link copies, it has been a while since I have been posting on here.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff[Image: 1B7E06E2-5A5B-45CF-A3C4-033B1215D010.jpg]
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

RE: Can anybody please offer details on this Mantle card?
Yup. I have this card.
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2010/yan...ps-7643907
It came in a complete set of 2010 Topps Yankees 27 World Championships. Mantle has three cards in the set (1951, 1952 & 1953 reprints). The set features many notable Yankees players on reprinted cards.

Just noticed the strand of hair. Don't know anything about that.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Really freaking cool but boo hiss on the BCCG case. Need to get that into a BGS holder.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Thanks for the input and info guys.. I guess what baffles me is it appears the hair was put in the case by the bccg folks?
I have never heard of the encapsulating company doing something like this? Maybe a convention promo??

(02-22-2016, 10:53 AM)osujeffrey Wrote: Thanks for the input and info guys.. I guess what baffles me is it appears the hair was put in the case by the bccg folks?
I have never heard of the encapsulating company doing something like this? Maybe a convention promo??
There was a period when Beckett got into adding things to encapsulations. They did a bunch of jersey and bat pieces like that, but I don't recall ever seeing hair. Thought it wouldn't surprise me if they did at some point.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-22-2016, 11:40 AM)djohn Wrote: There was a period when Beckett got into adding things to encapsulations. They did a bunch of jersey and bat pieces like that, but I don't recall ever seeing hair. Thought it wouldn't surprise me if they did at some point.
Thank you appreciate the info. I have seen the bats/jrsy cards before but thought this one was a bit odd. I still bought it though, it looks legitimate and has a nice spot in my Mantle collection.
Thanks again

I wonder if you can reach out to Beckett? If you got it re-encapsulated, would they lose the hair? Haha.

(02-22-2016, 04:12 PM)osujeffrey Wrote: Thank you appreciate the info. I have seen the bats/jrsy cards before but thought this one was a bit odd. I still bought it though, it looks legitimate and has a nice spot in my Mantle collection.
Thanks again
Thanks,
- Steve

Yes, Beckett did add bat pieces and jersey pieces to the cards...

Never seen them checklisted or priced..

Any one else have some of these cards...

I have am A Rod like this with a bat piece..no seemed to want it years ago...